PDA

View Full Version : Popular Creole/Cajun Cuisine

Big Lake Blondie
05-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Here's a good site to visit for anyone that loves popular creole/cajun dishes, but may not know how to prepare them all...:D

http://www.gumbopages.com/recipe-page.html

LaAngler
05-24-2009, 11:29 PM
really cool site, thanks for sharing

Hackberry Hustler
05-26-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.cajun-recipes.com/

This site has been up for a long time, it is more like a online cookbook. You will find several variations for some of same dishes. :)

Gerald
05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
After looking at some of the web site information........it looks like a YANKEE using the term CAJUN to promote their cooking information.

I don't see much real CAJUN in their recipes.

Big Lake Blondie
05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
it says on the site "from Cajun to not so Cajun"...The dude is suppose to be from New Iberia...Who knows...:confused:

Hackberry Hustler
05-26-2009, 01:25 PM
After looking at some of the web site information........it looks like a YANKEE using the term CAJUN to promote their cooking information.

I don't see much real CAJUN in their recipes.

Gerald

I do agree that not everything on there is cajun, but if you look through the recipes there are a lot of good ideas on there. I grew up eating Cajun, Creole, and Country style cooking; Since my mother was cajun french and my father was an ole country boy. Alot of the recipes have the essence of things I grew up with.

bigdog
05-26-2009, 01:47 PM
This one seen to be more cajun..

http://www.greatcajuncooking.com/recipes/

LittleRob
05-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Just put enough onions, bell pepper , and cellery in turn the fire down low cook for a long time, it'll be close enough to Cajun for me.

Gerald
05-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Rob....sometimes it might need a can or two of stewed tomatoes....depends on what your are fixen.

LittleRob
05-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Rob....sometimes it might need a can or two of stewed tomatoes....depends on what your are fixen.
I started using Rotel alot lately, I like the wya it has just enough heat to it I agree with tomatoes, has anyones made tomatoes I guess with the rain mine are rotting on the plant they'll get to yellow and then their gone.

Hackberry Hustler
05-28-2009, 11:54 AM
I started using Rotel alot lately, I like the wya it has just enough heat to it I agree with tomatoes, has anyones made tomatoes I guess with the rain mine are rotting on the plant they'll get to yellow and then their gone.

Rob I have experienced the same thing this year with mine. Just pull them off and let the smaller ones keep going it will eventually dry out enough that they will make.

LittleRob
05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks, I love home grown tomatoes. I hope it'll dry up a little not a fricken drought, but that's probly what'll happen

Big Lake Blondie
05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I have good news...Went out to the garden earlier and we had 2 tomatoes starting to get red...Hopefully everything will start picking up soon...:D

Bluechip
05-28-2009, 10:20 PM
So far my tomatoes are doing great..I have probably picked 15 to 20 so far but I have been pulling them when they just start to turn and putting them in the window for another day or so.

Cucumbers are going full blast now, I pick a big handful everyday. Nothing like a fresh tomatoe and cucumber salad with a little salt and black pepper...Yummm...:)

Gerald
05-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Rob....the "heat" that you are getting from the rotel......is from the jalapeno pepper that is in rotel.

A jalapeno pepper only cost about $ .10 vs how much for the can of rotel???