PDA

View Full Version : what else?

simplepeddler
04-04-2014, 11:46 AM
I have six small raised beds.......I am not square footing.....but like the raised beds.....

with space limitations, what would be your top five vegetables to plant...

I have cucumber, tomatoes, squash, mirliton and okra righ now.........and I still have a little space......

I have some nice fruit plants as well........loquat (which for some reason does not fruit) satsumas, lemons (more for the smell of the blooms) figs (four varities) blue berry and black berry and my new to me paw paws

would guys add anything, I have space for fruit trees.........Peaches mayber?

meaux fishing
04-04-2014, 12:23 PM
pears

meaux fishing
04-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I also like peppers. Bell, banana, and a few hot ones

keakar
04-04-2014, 12:32 PM
I have six small raised beds.......I am not square footing.....but like the raised beds.....

with space limitations, what would be your top five vegetables to plant...

I have cucumber, tomatoes, squash, mirliton and okra righ now.........and I still have a little space......

I have some nice fruit plants as well........loquat (which for some reason does not fruit) satsumas, lemons (more for the smell of the blooms) figs (four varities) blue berry and black berry and my new to me paw paws

would guys add anything, I have space for fruit trees.........Peaches mayber?

bell peppers, gotta have bell peppers if you cook in Louisiana

and throw some shallats in there somewhere too

swamp snorkler
04-04-2014, 12:44 PM
little green onions and shallots, still a little early to plant bell peppers, bush beans maybe?

Cappy
04-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Unless ya live in the extreme northern parishes do Not do peaches they will break ya heart. If ya loquats dont bare plant another one and fertilize them at the drip line with 13-13-13. I punch holes and put 1 lb in each hole 3 ft apart around the drip line. We have 2 trees and last year we got over 12 5 gallon buckets of fruit. We gave an ole guy in town 8 buckets and he turned them in to wine which i get all I need like a gallon a month. The stuff is sweet strong and very good. The rest we peeled pitted and canned. They are wonderful lil fruits and a change from our citrus.

DannyI
04-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Black eggplant

DannyI
04-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Or purple lol

saute86
04-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Plant pole beans and cuccs around the perimeter and trellis them. They wont use any extra s pace to grow. Summer squash and zucchini is easy to grow too.

pan pan chuck
04-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Black eggplant

x2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Gerald
04-06-2014, 11:19 AM
I plant some leaf lettuce and radishes [about 24" x 8" area each or 2 spots half that size] to make salads with. Radishes grow very fast and you should wait 2 or 3 weeks before planting them. These plants don't take up much space so you can plant them in small spaces.

A month or so later, plant some more lettuce and then some more radishes.