PDA

View Full Version : Im An Alcoholc

duckman1911
04-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Got to the point that a 5th of bourbon a day wasn't enough. That was too much. I quit drinking as of four hours ago. Gota start somewhere. Wish me luck guys. I'll need it.

Top Dawg
04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Good luck

bjhooper82
04-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Good luck bro!

Claydeaux
04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
I Wish You The Best...

Goooh
04-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Good luck, fill the time with stuff that you like, but can't do on the whiskey....!

I keep my cigs in check by reminding myself how crappy they make my runs, or other physical training. Then when i do sit an have a smoke or a drink, it's that much better.

MathGeek
04-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Praying for you, man!

Mako19
04-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Good luck.

Use your family and loved ones as motivation.

Dink
04-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Let us know when you have your first solid poop.....believe me, thats a huge milestone

duckman1911
04-07-2014, 08:52 PM
My breaking point was telling my family and my son hugging me. Wife and daughter knew I was getting in too deep I think. My son(my buddy) just thought dad always had a glass of coke. 1/2 coke-1/2 bourbon. He's 15 and my best bud. Him hugging me and telling me "we can fix this" just broke me down. J.
If you knew my son you would understand. He's all a man can ask for in a young man.

BassYakR
04-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Good luck buddy! This is why I gave up hard alcohol a few years ago... was gettin too bad... now its just beer... way easier to control.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

FF_T_Warren
04-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Good luck man but seriously, you need to go to the doctor. If your drinking that much, you can go into full blown DT's and die. Quiting is the right answer but you need to seek medical advise from your dr

saute86
04-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Been there done that. At age 20 28 days rehab, 6 months halfway house, and 15 years in AA. If you need any help send me a pm. I don't go to any meetings anymore but can help steer you in the right direction if needed.

Matt G
04-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Good luck man. We are going through it with mother in law right now. Bottle of tequila a day for several years put her in the hospital for a week and 2 months later she still can't remember what happened 10 minutes ago and asking about her dog that's been gone for 15 years. Talk about a wake up call to my drinking. Praying for the best for you and your family.

duckman1911
04-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Good luck man. We are going through it with mother in law right now. Bottle of tequila a day for several years put her in the hospital for a week and 2 months later she still can't remember what happened 10 minutes ago and asking about her dog that's been gone for 15 years. Talk about a wake up call to my drinking. Praying for the best for you and your family.
That's the freight train I want to avoid. I knew it was coming if I didn't do something. Gota get it under control before im so far in im convincing myself I have it under control.

SteelD
04-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Well I B DAM!!! MMAAA BRUDDA!!! *** U done did baw??? U have GOT to b kiddin ME!!! NOT MA BRUDDA!!!
BUT, there is NNNOOO doubt in my mind that U can whoop this & STILL keep yrself in control!!! U r a LOVED & ADMIRED man & U know FA DAM SHO that U got the FULL support of yr family & friends!!!
Although I would think that U already have the hardest part done just by manning UP to yr family & friends that U r having a problem & U r reaching out to them for their LOVE & HELP!!!
U r a smart man ma brudda & U have a VERY LARGE CARING HEART!!! Follow it & listen to the advice & input from yr loved ones! THEY will NOT steer U wrong & U know that!!!
LISTEN to what these guys here r telling U!!!
I cannot give U any experienced advice but U know.... I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR U BROTHER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckman1911
04-08-2014, 05:47 AM
Well I B DAM!!! MMAAA BRUDDA!!! *** U done did baw??? U have GOT to b kiddin ME!!! NOT MA BRUDDA!!!
BUT, there is NNNOOO doubt in my mind that U can whoop this & STILL keep yrself in control!!! U r a LOVED & ADMIRED man & U know FA DAM SHO that U got the FULL support of yr family & friends!!!
Although I would think that U already have the hardest part done just by manning UP to yr family & friends that U r having a problem & U r reaching out to them for their LOVE & HELP!!!
U r a smart man ma brudda & U have a VERY LARGE CARING HEART!!! Follow it & listen to the advice & input from yr loved ones! THEY will NOT steer U wrong & U know that!!!
LISTEN to what these guys here r telling U!!!
I cannot give U any experienced advice but U know.... I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR U BROTHER!!!

Looks like I gota stock up on apple juice.:rotfl:

Clampy
04-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Yeah seriously you can die and get bad seizures if you quit cold turkey. Talk to a Dr.

Spiral Out

BuckingFastard
04-08-2014, 06:32 AM
good luck man! youll be fine! i had an epiphany last night as well... best of luck to ya.

swamp snorkler
04-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Good luck. Its tough to give it up but admitting you have a problem is that hardest part.

bmac
04-08-2014, 07:11 AM
You don't have to do it alone. AA works for many. Get ready for the toughest and most important fight of your life.

FWIW you can have a drinking problem and not be an alcoholic. There was a point in my life that I was drinking a 12 pack a day and i truly thought I was an alcoholic. I went to some meetings and over time I realized I was just unhappy with where I was in life. The AA meetings put things in perspective. Once I recognized the real issue and fixed the things in my life that could be fixed, and accepted those things that couldn't, the drinking dropped off. Now I might drink 4 beers on a Saturday while watching a game of BBQing.

"The only requirement for membership is a desire to
stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A.
membership; we are self
supporting through our
own contributions"

For you:

http://aa-cenla.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/trifold-district-brochure-February-10-2014.pdf

http://aa-cenla.com/

For your loved ones:

http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

AubreyLaHaye458
04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Good luck brother. Anything you need I'm here, as well as I'm sure any of these other guys are

AceArcher
04-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts bro... have no doubt your gonna lick this! Holler if you need anything!

fishinpox
04-08-2014, 02:12 PM
I've been sober 9.5 years , AA saved my life

Jordan
04-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Im behind ya... Give me a shout if u need anything.

Duck Butter
04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
You got through the first step - admission. Hang in there man:)

K W
04-08-2014, 02:35 PM
The hardest part is over - you admitted you have a problem. AA is a great step in the right direction. Your not alone as everyone else has shown you.

MathGeek
04-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Alcohol killed my daddy in 2000 at age 57. That's too young. Work hard to beat this and stick around for your grand children and great grand children.

Take them fishing!

Clampy
04-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Be nice if there was a safer choice for enjoyable recreation.

Spiral Out

BradleyPrejean87
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Good luck bro it's worth it

duckman1911
04-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Be nice if there was a safer choice for enjoyable recreation.

Spiral Out
There is but with age and life in general we just dont have the energy or time to have sex 3-5 times a day anymore.

Goooh
04-08-2014, 09:26 PM
There is but with age and life in general we just dont have the energy or time to have sex 3-5 times a day anymore.

Haha, good lawd!

Will"E"Fish
04-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Strong will And positive prayer will help keep the temptation away.Believe in your higher power whatever it may be. Find a earnest sponsor.Change these three thing's people , place's and thing's. Amen to u.

southern151
04-08-2014, 10:31 PM
My hat is off to you as I still lean on a cold beer to take the edge off of a bad day. I can't handle the hard stuff but, I doubt one is any better than the other. Be careful with the DT's. I've seen how they work on a person.

My prayers are with you and, especially those around you during this time.

dave
04-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Give me a shout if you need, bro. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
If a day is too long, just make it to the next hour. If the hour's too long, make it to the next minute... and find something else to do that you wouldn't do with that glass in your hand.
A lot of guys here care about your crazy a$$, and Lord knows your family does too. Put that in the front of your mind and use it to make yourself better.
Godspeed my friend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

SteelD
04-09-2014, 04:27 AM
we just dont have the energy or time to have sex 3-5 times a day anymore.

U lie!!!

SteelD
04-09-2014, 04:33 AM
My hat is off to you as I still lean on a cold beer to take the edge off of a bad day.

I'm different, I would never turn to a drink when the going got tuff. My weakest time for a good cold brew is when things are going great & I am enjoying what I am doing at the moment.

1fastmerc
04-09-2014, 06:50 AM
You have my support and prayers behind you. A determined mind and faith and prayer in the man upstairs will help you through this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

duckman1911
04-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Well day one is in the books. Its just one day but every journey has to start with the first step. Had trouble falling asleep last night but still got up this morning feeling pretty darn good. Mu wife said I have to let my body learn what its like to fall asleep instead of passing out. It made me laugh but the sad part is that its truth. John

MathGeek
04-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Well day one is in the books. Its just one day but every journey has to start with the first step. Had trouble falling asleep last night but still got up this morning feeling pretty darn good. Mu wife said I have to let my body learn what its like to fall asleep instead of passing out. It made me laugh but the sad part is that its truth. John

Congratulations! Great job hanging in there.

1fastmerc
04-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Congratulations! Great job hanging in there.

X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

dave
04-09-2014, 07:01 PM
X3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

fishn4real
11-04-2014, 01:16 PM
My breaking point was telling my family and my son hugging me. Wife and daughter knew I was getting in too deep I think. My son(my buddy) just thought dad always had a glass of coke. 1/2 coke-1/2 bourbon. He's 15 and my best bud. Him hugging me and telling me "we can fix this" just broke me down. J.
If you knew my son you would understand. He's all a man can ask for in a young man.

I don't have a clue what you have been through or what you are going to go through to beat this, but I hope that you are successful. Your family and your health are the best reasons in the world. Good luck..keep posting up and let everyone know how its going. Share your experiences.

fun w son
12-03-2014, 02:42 PM
update?? hope all is still on track!!

duckman1911
12-27-2014, 08:19 PM
All is going good. Still have a few beers after work but leave the bourbon bottle alone.

PaulMyers
12-27-2014, 08:21 PM
All is going good. Still have a few beers after work but leave the bourbon bottle alone.
Glad to hear you're alive and well!

MathGeek
12-27-2014, 08:45 PM

Glad you're back around. We got after the reds at GI earlier this month and are coming up the learning curve on sharks. Let me know when you are hitting the beach again. Jan is real full for us, but late Feb looks good.

duckman1911
12-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Glad you're back around. We got after the reds at GI earlier this month and are coming up the learning curve on sharks. Let me know when you are hitting the beach again. Jan is real full for us, but late Feb looks good.
Roger that bro. Sorry to bail but I unplugged for a bit to concentrate on other things. Tide was decent the day after Cristmas and I wanted to go. Weather forecast sucked though :(

tboy
12-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Welcome back. Hope your holidays were good for you and your family!

fun w son
01-06-2015, 09:14 AM
keep up the fight!!

duckman1911
01-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Welcome back. Hope your holidays were good for you and your family!
Holidays were great. Ready for spring now. :)

fun w son
06-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Duck... you good bro??

duckman1911
06-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Duck... you good bro??
Yeah bro. Thanks for checking. Still enjoying some cold one when I can but not pedal to the metal destruction mode anymore. Enjoy myself not try to kill myself.

CamoTiger
06-14-2015, 04:31 PM
AA works, bro.
Go to a meeting. Get a sponsor. Do the steps.
One day at a time.

fun w son
06-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Yeah bro. Thanks for checking. Still enjoying some cold one when I can but not pedal to the metal destruction mode anymore. Enjoy myself not try to kill myself.
keep up the good work!!

meat killer 86
08-08-2015, 08:04 AM
What you need to do is fire up that pit and smoker of yours and get the family together for a field day of fun in the sun and cooking. That would help I bet. Plus it would be delicious. Good luck brotha.