PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland bay boat

Ray
11-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Anyone ever hear of these boats?
I saw one a couple days ago.
The guys fishing it ran it up on some rocks instead of anchoring.
It looked fiberglass to me. I figured it was a pretty good boat if
you can run it up on some rocks and fish, then back off and head
home.

ChuckP
11-27-2009, 10:41 AM
LOL...That was me Ray...was not the plan...anchored, then it swung into the rocks..AMATURE....i was there so i left it and fished...no damage....it actually was barely propped on the rocks...pretty good boat...like it so far.....

Jordan
11-27-2009, 10:44 AM
lmao, he told me the story, he called u some names i cant repeat !!

ChuckP
11-27-2009, 10:49 AM
i bet....i'm ok with that....i guess i'm not as serious about fishing like the rest of you guys.....Did'nt think i was affecting anyone else

Jordan
11-27-2009, 10:55 AM
chuck, im yanking ya chain buddy, i was kidding, he said someone ran up on the rocks, fished and left... said it was fiberglass bottom, i asked if the person made it to the landing ok without sinking...he didnt know

ChuckP
11-27-2009, 11:00 AM
made it ok.....gotta practice my anchoring in current skills LOL....that was how it happened though....i bet folks were shaking thier heads...hell week before that...i lost my rod on the highway...stopped and got my girlfriend a mickey mouse rod...lost my landing net chasing birds...had to land two limits of reds by hand....i know folks were shaking thier heads that day....i will get it figured out....it's all good as long as the limits of fish keep comming LOL...

Country Boy
11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
It does not matter what other people think if u are bringing in the limits u are doing good keep up the good work.

eman
11-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I have a kirkland but i don't think i'll put it on the rocks as a test.

Ray
11-27-2009, 08:13 PM
ChuckP, I was just wondering about the Kirkland. Never heard of it.
I saw a commercial about Triumph boats. Thought it might be built
with the same composite.
I just couldn't figger out why you ran it up on the rocks. Didn't know
it ended up there after anchoring.
When I saw it, it looked like it was leaning pretty good.

Now that I know your boat, I will holler at you next time I see you.

ChuckP
11-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Yea it was proppped up on the rocks a little....Kirkland is no longer being fabricated...well made boat....the guy that owned Kirkland went into buisness with Sea Chaser....Had trouble anchoring...noticed a few folks had trouble in the current also...always got either my girlfriend or 13 year old son with me....makes it interesting LOL....Holler if you see me Ray later....