PDA

View Full Version : Show off your balls......

lil bubba
05-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Somebody out there got to have some balls they proud of.....

alphaman
05-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Lol

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

duckman1911
05-26-2014, 08:40 AM
You got some organic truck nutzz.lol

Bluechip
05-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Nice set...

Matt G
05-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Very nice! My zucchini made 2 last week, but they rotted so I picked them off while they were still little. I noticed yesterday I have 2 more coming on strong. My squash are just vining like crazy, but no flowers or anything yet. Same thing with my eggplant. I'm starting to worry about them. My roma tomatoes are starting to make a few as are my cherries. The celebrity is getting big, but no tomatoes yet.

lil bubba
05-26-2014, 10:50 AM
My squash had only that one and another and it looks like a jungle. Thats only 2 plants. Got a lot in there rotting off. Egg plant finally starting to set a few. Oh well we just have to eat tomato's and cukes.......

Gerald
05-26-2014, 12:17 PM
If your fruit is rotten off, it could be due to lack of bees to pollinate the flowers.

You could break off one of the male flowers [they are more pointed than the female flowers] and shake it over the female flowers.

Cappy
05-26-2014, 01:27 PM
My big red balls are yummy, and the only way to tell if they are ready is to fondle them. If they feel soft bite them but make sure ya lean forwards or they will drip their sweet sticky juice on the front of your shirt.67682

duckman1911
05-26-2014, 02:45 PM
My big red balls are yummy, and the only way to tell if they are ready is to fondle them. If they feel soft bite them but make sure ya lean forwards or they will drip their sweet sticky juice on the front of your shirt.67682

No hidden meanings there at all hey Cap?:rotfl::grinpimp:

lil bubba
05-26-2014, 06:15 PM
If your fruit is rotten off, it could be due to lack of bees to pollinate the flowers.

You could break off one of the male flowers [they are more pointed than the female flowers] and shake it over the female flowers.

Well i went and break off a couple that had no fruit and had a party with the ones that did so i'll see. Also had a rub fest with the eggplant. Had 2 tomato's in containers early for the fun of it and used a cotton swab on them and that was the best i ever had container grown tomato's. Time will tell, be nice if we get some rain. Cappy what kind of plums them is you having fun with ? I think one of those would be a nice addition to my yard.

Cappy
05-27-2014, 06:07 PM
They aint Plums buba, yum-yums are a nectarine variety and very peachy in nature. Peaches don't do good here deep south, but these yum yums are going great and our lil 3 year old tree was loaded this year. Picking them is tricky we go out several times a day and fondle them. if ya feel the fruit give to a soft pinch give it a twist and it falls right off. if they still hard they are good but no where near as sweet.

Cappy
05-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Well the yum yum tree is really catching hell right now:cry: The wind is gusting rain pelting and it is swaying dangerously. I am afraid it may split and break. Hope it makes it. This is the first year we really got a bunch to enjoy I sure hope it aint the last.

lil bubba
05-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Well the yum yum tree is really catching hell right now:cry: The wind is gusting rain pelting and it is swaying dangerously. I am afraid it may split and break. Hope it makes it. This is the first year we really got a bunch to enjoy I sure hope it aint the last.

Man its disgusting when something finally comes in then its lost. Good luck. I'm rite down the road from ya'll and we on the edge rite now. I'm hope'n my top heavy tomato's don't topple. Just saw on news the powerline poles down by marathon area.

Chip Landry
06-01-2014, 09:31 PM
My dad's nectarine tree is loaded and is catching hell with the weather the past few days..

Cappy
06-01-2014, 10:39 PM
The rain and strong wind leaned our lil tree over some and gave it hell too. We got most of our fruit in and passed alot out to our country folk trading network. In return for our grocery bag fruit gifts we got back red fish, speckled trout, cat fish , a sack of onions, and a pack of home smoked turkey necks. We kept enough to make a glorious pie and hot with a scoop of ice cream on top it was wellll yum yum :-D The few remaining fruit got attacked by small fly like bugs and love bugs of all things. Ask ya Dad for me if he sprays and what and when if ya dont mind. We had like 10 lbs spoil and rot bug infested in the rain.

Bad Boy
06-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Heres Mine.

red robin
06-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Been picking two or three for about a week now.

red robin
06-02-2014, 10:25 AM
they fixing to ripening big time.

lil bubba
06-02-2014, 11:06 AM
You rite red robin. I was picking 6 to 8 on 12 plants and day before yesterday only 1. I must have been sleepwalk'n cause this what i hauled in today......One thing with the late cool weather I have'nt had any blight yet....

red robin
06-02-2014, 11:19 AM
you're right ,no bugs,last yr. I had big prob. with leaf miners,so far none.

AubreyLaHaye458
06-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Finally got some here! Picked 3 cherry tomatoes. Will have more cherries and at least one creole in the next 2-3 days. Lost my bell pepper plant to, what I assume, was root rot with the assistance of aphids. Not giving up though. Going pick up another bell pepper and a gypsy hybrid tomorrow after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt G
06-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Right there with ya Aubrey. I picked 2 cherries yesterday and a banana pepper. The Romas should be ready in the next week. My eggplant and squash are finally starting to flower so now it's a waiting game. I'm starting to think my bell pepper plant is dormant.

AubreyLaHaye458
06-04-2014, 09:14 PM
. I'm starting to think my bell pepper plant is dormant.

Man you're not the only one. Seems like everyone I have talked to has said something along those lines. And surprisingly to me my tomatoes are growing like crazy. It's usually the opposite here.

Gerald
06-04-2014, 11:18 PM
My tomato plant have grown to 6+ feet tall and are very thick with all the limb growth. But...... all the fruit are still very green.

Other stuff is doing good. Bell peppers are coming along, biggest is now about the size of a tennis ball.

lil bubba
06-05-2014, 04:14 PM
I just planted some cherry toms. in between my big ones , they about halfway done. I find cherry toms. make pretty good during the summer if you can keep the bugs out. My amelia's are starting to come in. They don't make but about 3 good clusters but if you can get a few try them out. All toms. are practically perfect heart shape with no blemishes and very few seeds. Rain turned my cukes yellow and shut them down, hope they come back.

AubreyLaHaye458
06-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Had another nice picking today. The big one is a Creole. And my niece ate the red one on the left and gave me the big thumbs up. 68023

Matt G
06-19-2014, 05:22 PM
I've been wondering why I have not been getting any tomatoes.... It seems I have a tomato thief in the house!

Chip Landry
06-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Busted...

lil bubba
06-19-2014, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=Matt G;700454]I've been wondering why I have not been getting any tomatoes.... It seems I have a tomato thief in the house.

Thats a better thief than the coons n possums I got....

Tjethro85
06-19-2014, 06:21 PM
They aint Plums buba, yum-yums are a nectarine variety and very peachy in nature. Peaches don't do good here deep south, but these yum yums are going great and our lil 3 year old tree was loaded this year. Picking them is tricky we go out several times a day and fondle them. if ya feel the fruit give to a soft pinch give it a twist and it falls right off. if they still hard they are good but no where near as sweet.

You should try a Carla rose nectarine. My grandpa had those for years. Best nectarine hands down

Tjethro85
06-19-2014, 06:24 PM
you're right ,no bugs,last yr. I had big prob. with leaf miners,so far none.

Oh but they'll be here lol

duckman1911
07-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Fresh pumkin pie or half it and back it with cinnamon and sugar then fill the center with vanilla ice cream? Decisions decisions. I wish all of lifes choices were that awesome :)

lil bubba
07-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Will have me some green stripe longnecks next year. Tomato's and cukes shot. Figs for some reason slow to come in this year. Egg plant and peppers in containers still producing. Going to have soft pears and cooking pears out the ya yan.....

duckman1911
07-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Bubba them limbs are heavy. Baked pears with cinnamon, sugar, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. When should the SC gang be at your house? Lol

duckman1911
07-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Fine looking pepper plants btw.

lil bubba
07-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Actually those are the soft pears , if you want to see loaded check out the cooking ones.

duckman1911
07-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Pears out da whazoo bubba. You can em?

lil bubba
07-07-2014, 07:43 PM
I usually freeze some and got a few elderly folks I give to , them young don't believe in cooking these days , and my nephew hauls a bunch to feed the deer and hogs and whatever else on his lease .

duckman1911
07-07-2014, 08:26 PM
I usually freeze some and got a few elderly folks I give to , them young don't believe in cooking these days , and my nephew hauls a bunch to feed the deer and hogs and whatever else on his lease .
Roger that on them youngens not cooking. Most of that will pass with age thankfully. 10 years ago I didn't care about how the old timers survived. Now I want to learn all I can.

eman
07-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Them cookin pears make great pickles.

lil bubba
07-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Them cookin pears make great pickles.

Now thats a thought.

jchief
07-13-2014, 11:11 AM
My garden has had it. The rain and sun pretty much killed it. Going to try and add a little fertilizer and see if it helps.

Freaking stink bugs are decimating what is left of my tomatoes.

AubreyLaHaye458
07-13-2014, 11:16 AM
I've been getting 5-6 cherry tomatoes a day off of one plant.

duckman1911
07-13-2014, 11:29 AM
I've been getting 5-6 cherry tomatoes a day off of one plant.

Mine are loaded with green ones. Im impatiently waiting for them to ripen. They need to hurry the heck up.

Gerald
07-13-2014, 12:19 PM
My garden has had it. The rain and sun pretty much killed it. Going to try and add a little fertilizer and see if it helps.

Freaking stink bugs are decimating what is left of my tomatoes.

Sprinkle a little 7 dust and they gone...... until it rains and washes it off.

AubreyLaHaye458
07-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Sprinkle a little 7 dust and they gone...... until it rains and washes it off.

Which is every day. lol

jchief
07-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Got some sevin spray gonna hit them this afternoon

duckman1911
07-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Picked a few cherry maters this evening. They are finally starting to turn on.

duckman1911
08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
A few gypsy peppers.

lil bubba
08-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Look good duck. All I got left is memories. Got a hill of crookneck squash , spaghetti squash and crookneck pumpkin try'n to make a go of it.

duckman1911
08-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Look good duck. All I got left is memories. Got a hill of crookneck squash , spaghetti squash and crookneck pumpkin try'n to make a go of it.
Good luck brother. My peppers are just now turning on good. For everything else im going into seed collecting mode. I will post a list of what seeds I have if anyone wants to get some heirlooms started. I love giving away seeds.
Maters are starting to produce good too :)

duckman1911
08-16-2014, 12:34 PM
My Arkansas Travelers are still putting out the good stuff. :)

lil bubba
08-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Man that is some good tomaters for august.....I'm gunna have to try a few of them next year.

duckman1911
08-16-2014, 03:26 PM
You'll like them bubba. They hold up to the heat pretty good. They make a tomatoe about baseball sized. Good flavor too.

lil bubba
08-16-2014, 03:30 PM
where you get the seeds from Duck. ? They have them at bakers creek? I'm gunna plant a couple cherries late next spring also, they seem to do good in summer also.

duckman1911
08-16-2014, 05:40 PM
where you get the seeds from Duck. ? They have them at bakers creek? I'm gunna plant a couple cherries late next spring also, they seem to do good in summer also.
When we buy seeds we get them from baker creek. We have been growing and collecting our Ark. Trvlr. seeds for about three years now and have had good luck with them. When I have Arkansas Traveler and Cherry seeds ready I will send you some if you would like.

lil bubba
08-16-2014, 06:07 PM
When we buy seeds we get them from baker creek. We have been growing and collecting our Ark. Trvlr. seeds for about three years now and have had good luck with them. When I have Arkansas Traveler and Cherry seeds ready I will send you some if you would like.

Yes sir thank you very much.
If you no longer have my address just pm me and i'll get it to you... My yellow squash is shot with this heat i think but them long neck pumpkin seem to be growing well long as i water. We aint been get'n no rain. Spaghetti squash holding on but i may plant a few seeds where my yellow squash was just in case. Whatever them shallots was my wife bought I'm gunna let grow all winter and make me a bunch of bulbs for next year , they don't seem to mind the heat. Seem to be a hardy variety.

Goooh
08-16-2014, 06:16 PM
My garden sure sucked it up this year. I double dug and added a good deal of compost and organic matter.

Water wasn't an issue either.

The only thing I can gather is my seeds were frozen, then thawed, then frozen again, then pulled out and planted. No proper thawing of only the seeds I needed... My lady didn't know about just thawing what you needed when you needed, so I think they were shocked and damaged.

duckman1911
08-16-2014, 10:20 PM
My garden sure sucked it up this year. I double dug and added a good deal of compost and organic matter.

Water wasn't an issue either.

The only thing I can gather is my seeds were frozen, then thawed, then frozen again, then pulled out and planted. No proper thawing of only the seeds I needed... My lady didn't know about just thawing what you needed when you needed, so I think they were shocked and damaged.

Most of your common garden veggy seeds don't need to be frozen unless it's for LONG term storage. If you collect seeds this year for next years garden just store them in a cool dry place with minimal sunlight exposure. Some herbs need to go through a freeze cycle to germinate but not many. Your normal garden stuff just keep it in a closet or pantry and you'll be good man.