PDA

View Full Version : possum proof

lil bubba
06-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Well hopefully this will make it coon , possum , squirrel , and rat proof.......

Gerald
06-28-2014, 04:53 PM
If that "Protector" is not 5 feet off the ground..... a squirrel will jump over it.

They are getting all my pears now. I hope a few will survive.

I have had squirrels jump from a limb that was 8 feet away and about 10 feet above, to get on our bird seed cake. The squirrel would miss about 3 out of 4 attempts.

lil bubba
06-28-2014, 05:39 PM
If that "Protector" is not 5 feet off the ground..... a squirrel will jump over it.

They are getting all my pears now. I hope a few will survive.

I have had squirrels jump from a limb that was 8 feet away and about 10 feet above, to get on our bird seed cake. The squirrel would miss about 3 out of 4 attempts.

Surpriseingly the squirrels have never messed with anything. I think my main problem now gunna be birds.

Gerald
06-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Surpriseingly the squirrels have never messed with anything. I think my main problem now gunna be birds.

Crows can wipe out a pear tree really fast.

I make oil
06-29-2014, 02:30 AM
Air rifle or .22

keakar
06-29-2014, 11:27 AM
better off wrapping the trunk with mesh wire then hook a transformer to it to zap them when they touch it.

they might still figure out to jump above it but then again they might not.

that's the best thing I can think of that would be affective and doesn't look like trash hanging from a tree.

short of setting up a shooting station and spending your afternoons popping the visitors as they arrive, animal thieves show up alive but leave dead in a 5 gln bucket :amen:

lil bubba
06-29-2014, 02:36 PM
better off wrapping the trunk with mesh wire then hook a transformer to it to zap them when they touch it.

they might still figure out to jump above it but then again they might not.

that's the best thing I can think of that would be affective and doesn't look like trash hanging from a tree.

short of setting up a shooting station and spending your afternoons popping the visitors as they arrive, animal thieves show up alive but leave dead in a 5 gln bucket :amen:

Whether it look like trash or dog poop hang'n from a tree as long as it works is what matter to me. If people would clean up trash in their yards and not leave dog food out 24-7 I wouldn't have to hang trash in my tree.

duckman1911
06-29-2014, 02:43 PM
:amen bubba. If it works that's all that matters. If anyone thinks it looks trashy they should volunteer their time and $ to build you something they approve of. If they aren't willing to do that they shouldn't say a word.