PDA

View Full Version : Big Question about the STAR

Hopedale Hustler
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
How does it work..do u have to weigh the fish in on the same day as u catch it..???..ive never done it before never interested me..but now it does for some reason..haha

Hackberry Hustler
05-26-2009, 05:23 PM
How does it work..do u have to weigh the fish in on the same day as u catch it..???..ive never done it before never interested me..but now it does for some reason..haha

My experience with dead tournament fish is every hour they they are losing weight. Fish lose water weight when dead. So it would be to your advantage if you know you have a prize fish keep it live long as you can. Weigh it ASAP!!!!!:grinpimp:

huntin fool
05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
i would assume so...you can weigh dead or live. (live would be good) but i released mine right into a ziplock bag full of fillets

Hopedale Hustler
05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
yeah i mean i weighed it on the "official star scale" at BSM..but i was not a member of the tourney on that day but was the day after..so i assume it wouldnt count correct??

fishinpox
05-26-2009, 06:14 PM
yeah i mean i weighed it on the "official star scale" at BSM..but i was not a member of the tourney on that day but was the day after..so i assume it wouldnt count correct??
i belive you are correct anyways what did she weigh???

Hopedale Hustler
05-26-2009, 06:22 PM
7.2..would be leading the East..oh well..il hang an 8.5 by july..haha

cmdrost
05-27-2009, 10:36 AM
thats why you don't hesitate to register....never know when that big girl will bite.

You are correct, your fish you caught is inelligable because you were not registered yet.

For future reference, get it to the scales as soon as possible! I don't know if BSM has the capability to release alive like over here on Calcasieu Lake, but if so, try to keep it alive.

Hopedale Hustler
05-27-2009, 03:09 PM
no sirr..that fish is going on the wall...i release most 5 and 6 pounders..but a 7+..nah..couldnt do it and i hope this doesnt turn into some conservation BS issue like it always does on LA sportsman..i do conserve..i have caught personally over 800 fish since january i started keeping records then....but not even half of them have gone in my freezer..and only God knows how many trout are out there..we all know one big fish isnt gonna hurt anything to where trout will go extinct..its all these people keeping 50 12 inch females who need to conserve if u ask me...

cmdrost
05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
no beef from me....glad its going on your wall. congrats on the catch!