PDA

View Full Version : Pitman Arm & Idler Arm

longsidelandry
12-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I need to get the pitman arm and idler arm replaced on my truck, it's a 07 Chevy Silverado Classic extended cab Z71. Does anybody know how hard it would be to do myself or if I should just bring it to a shop and have somebody do it? If I should bring it to a shop (which I most likely will), what shop in the Lafayette/New Iberia area would be best to bring it to?

bay_slayer
12-10-2009, 04:52 PM
If you can get the special tools to do it, I'd say go for. But without the tools you aint getting that pitman arm off, for sure.

Deadly D
12-10-2009, 04:56 PM
If you can get the special tools to do it, I'd say go for. But without the tools you aint getting that pitman arm off, for sure.
cutting torch,8lb sledge and a welding machine any thing can be done. Now I didnt say right:*****:

Montauk17
12-10-2009, 04:59 PM
I need to get the pitman arm and idler arm replaced on my truck, it's a 07 Chevy Silverado Classic extended cab Z71. Does anybody know how hard it would be to do myself or if I should just bring it to a shop and have somebody do it? If I should bring it to a shop (which I most likely will), what shop in the Lafayette/New Iberia area would be best to bring it to?

T-Pats off of louisiana ave. tell him Ryan at the prop shop sent you,he will treat you right.

2ndamendment
12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
cutting torch,8lb sledge and a welding machine any thing can be done. Now I didnt say right:*****:

D what about the duct tape? You forgot the duct tape.

Deadly D
12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
D what about the duct tape? You forgot the duct tape.
Ok duct tape and tie wire:*****:

wtretrievers
12-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok duct tape and tie wire:*****:
By tie wire you mean clothes hanger right?

Dink
12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
How in the world does that need to be changed on an 07 truck??? shoulda got the Dodge...........

Deadly D
12-10-2009, 05:25 PM
By tie wire you mean clothes hanger right?
no that stuff is to stiff:*****::*****:

outcast
12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
you can go to any autozone and get the tools you need to change that pitman arm. if you got the right tools its a breeze. it will also help if you have an aircompressor and a imapact. Or you could drive over to my house and I will change it for you, if you bring the part and some beer!

longsidelandry
12-15-2009, 03:26 PM
you can go to any autozone and get the tools you need to change that pitman arm. if you got the right tools its a breeze. it will also help if you have an aircompressor and a imapact. Or you could drive over to my house and I will change it for you, if you bring the part and some beer!
Man if you didn't live so far away I would take you up on that! Thanks though.

Ray
12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I got one of them forks to hammer it off.
Most places like Autozone will loan you the tools you need if you buy
the parts from their store.
That is how it works over here. You might want to check it out over
there.

Ray
12-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Will they help? I needed it for my pitman arm. I think I have a pitman arm for a '76 Jeep around here somewhere too.

longsidelandry
12-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I guess that's what I would need Ray, I'm not sure. I'll probably see about changing them out right after hunting season so that I have a full day to mess with it incase something doesn't go right lol. I'll definately check out what they say at AutoZone about loaning me the tools and let you know what they say.

Ray
12-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Those are mine. If you need to borrow them, let me know.

longsidelandry
12-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Ok, sounds good, thanks man.