PDA

View Full Version : Here We Grow Again

Cappy
05-19-2015, 01:08 PM
We mucked out our spring garden boxes and got our square foot garden ready for the summer heat, here is the report:

http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/2015/05/getting-our-little-square-foot-garden.html

We are trying something new this year. After reading an article from the LSU ag and talking to a friend in town we ordered us some asparagus beans. They are supposed to be a heavy producer and love our summer heat. Any comments or suggestions are as always greatly appreciated. We will keep yall posted on how this beany experiment works out.

Cappy
05-21-2015, 11:37 AM
I was thrilled this morning to see that in only 5 days almost of all the yard long beans are out the ground. This just amy be the hot weather answer to my lil garden. Alos am hoping that if they vine thick they may hel[ shade the rest fo it and hel[p the peppers and okra along.

lil bubba
05-27-2015, 05:38 PM
What your garden looking like CAPPY ???? Mine too ugly to post a pic...Worse year I ever had....

Cappy
05-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Too wet to go see with all this rain only good thing to say the yard long beans all came up and growing well. We did get some califlowers but they turned yellow from the sun anyways. Something ate the leaves up almost over night and made them look like screen and the sun got to them.

Garfish
05-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Finally picked my 1st mater yesterday. All this rain out here is mucking my garden up. No sun to dry it up. Buds on peppers and maters are blooming but aren't making fruit. Having problems w/ blossom rot. Skeeters everywhere!

Cappy
05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
I done told yall I don't grow maters on acounta my friend Smokin' Sam does. Peggy and I went check out a new tex-mex place the opened down the road and invited our friends to come along, well Sam eager to show off his maters gave us 4 of them damnnear weighing in at 2 lbs a piece. Even after a belly full of refried beans and beer I still couldn't wait to get em home dice one up with salt lots of black pepper and a spoon of mayonnaise. Peggy had a mater sammage with the same thing, on her special bread.:)