PDA

View Full Version : Boat launch ettiquite

Ray
12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I was the first one to the launch today. I parked in the parking lot to get my boat ready. Another boat showed up and pulled in next to me to get ready.
Then another boat pulled up and got right in the middle of the launch area to get his ready, AND wait on his friend. He had to move so the rest of us can launch.
Best bet is to stay clear of the launching area until your boat is completely ready, then launch.

Another gripe. Don't park a truck with a trailer hooked on in the launching area. Someone did this and it makes it hard for the rest of us to launch. Plus, it turns Calcasieu Point from a 3 boat launch to a 1 boat launch.

Jordan
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Ray, u sound like a PMSing woman. U through b****ing ?

Ray
12-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Just cause you own a Lexus don't mean you can park it anywhere.

speckdaddy
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
thats ridiculous!!!!!

Ray
12-13-2009, 06:50 PM
They could have at least left the keys in her so I could move it.
Only one launch lane could be used.

speckdaddy
12-13-2009, 06:52 PM
key that bad boy!!!!! lmao

Ray
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Didn't think about that.
Next time...

Jordan
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Lol. Ray. Answer me this....... Did u put the plug in ?

flounder_smacker
12-13-2009, 06:59 PM
what you should have done "what i would of did" is just ease your bumper on that trailer and push it out the way.

Ray
12-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I always put the plug in, night before, at home.
Except for one time... I will be remembered for
that forever... Huh?

Ray
12-13-2009, 07:00 PM
There were about 30 more rigs in the parking lot.
There had to be a few not as tolerant as I was.

Suthrngntlmn
12-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Someone at the launch should have had it moved...............to an impound yard!!!

Raymond
12-13-2009, 08:07 PM
It was parked in the lot when I came in at 1 today. They were probably on the ship channel soaking skrimps. How bout the azzhole that came in hot to the dock in the 22' nautic star?:pissed: Hey, if anyone finds a landing net it is mine, fishing partner did not bother to rack it before we took off from Turners.:rolleyes:
What ya think about the new cuttin boards at the pt??? Beats the stainless and slimmy wood.

Ray
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I like the new cutting boards.

There was a 22 Nautic Star with a 250 Yamaha that ran up into a flock of birds, from
the wrong side, today. I was putputting towards them on trolling motor.
They came flying into the flock, shut down the motor and started fishing. Right in the
middle of the flock. I kept on heading towards them, then cranked up next to them
and left.
Man and a lady.

Ray
12-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey, if anyone finds a landing net it is mine, fishing partner did not bother to rack it before we took off from Turners.:rolleyes:

Same happened to me a couple weeks ago. But I ain't mentioning any names.

Jordan
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
My payback for u not putting the plug in !

Deadly D
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
My payback for u not putting the plug in !
Jordan dont tell Ray that was me at the launch

Ray
12-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Jordan dont tell Ray that was me at the launch

Bass turd.:eek:

Deadly D
12-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Bass turd.:eek:
I love you too:*****::*****::*****:

Raymond
12-14-2009, 07:33 AM
I like the new cutting boards.

There was a 22 Nautic Star with a 250 Yamaha that ran up into a flock of birds, from
the wrong side, today. I was putputting towards them on trolling motor.
They came flying into the flock, shut down the motor and started fishing. Right in the
middle of the flock. I kept on heading towards them, then cranked up next to them
and left.
Man and a lady.

Same ones I had the pleasure of meeting(blue/white), it took him 15 min to tie up to the docks after the wake subsided.:shaking: Be willing to bet he was also driving the LEXUS.

mikedatiger
12-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Josh and I launched with that same Nautic Star and they cut us off 2X in Turner's. Turner's has nice fish, but it's like the autobahn. People flying around everywhere with no consideration for others.

Those new cutting boards are great. Cudos to whoever put those in. Now if they just had someone on standby to clean reds...

"H"
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Ray, I put in at Cameron this past summer.
The Parking lot has been paved and there is lots of room to park.
Some Azz Parked his big new super dually and triple axle trailer right in front of the launch. I left him a "polite" note on his driver side door asking him to please WAKE UP!!!

jpeff31787
12-15-2009, 11:10 AM
WOW! Whomever owns that lexus is a complete dummy.. How the hell are you going to park when you trailer is blocking everything?!?!

I'm not going to lie though its kind of hard to tell where the normal waiting line to launch is over there. I think we park in a different spot everytime to get our boat ready lol

Jordan
12-15-2009, 11:15 AM
we normally stop before the concrete and get the boat ready and put our rods and gear in the boat, then launch

Deadly D
12-15-2009, 11:28 AM
proper way is to line up on the gravel on the north side and then pull in when you are ready to launch.

Jordan
12-15-2009, 11:34 AM
proper way is to line up on the gravel on the north side and then pull in when you are ready to launch.

and dont ferget to put the plug in !!!!:help:

longsidelandry
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
:*****::*****:

Deadly D
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Or tell your partner to check it:eek:

Ray
12-15-2009, 11:41 AM
It don't matter where, as long as it's not on the concrete launching area.
My preference is all the way to the North of the parking lot.
I have seen people get ready all the way to the South and East too, but
they were way out of the way.
I think Calcasieu Point needs to post signs saying no trailers in that area.
There are designated parking spots there for vehicles without trailers.
They have signs for everything else. Maybe it needs to be spelled out for
the not so intelligent.

Ray
12-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Or tell your partner to check it:eek:

It was my fault for not putting it in. It was some other big dummy's
fault for not telling me that the bilge pump was running the whole
time I was parking the truck. :confused:
It won't happen again. I hope.

I think I am going to name the boat Plug Dummy. That way every
time I go to launch, I will see that on the side of the boat as a
reminder.

Deadly D
12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
It don't matter where, as long as it's not on the concrete launching area.
My preference is all the way to the North of the parking lot.
I have seen people get ready all the way to the South and East too, but
they were way out of the way.
I think Calcasieu Point needs to post signs saying no trailers in that area.
There are designated parking spots there for vehicles without trailers.
They have signs for everything else. Maybe it needs to be spelled out for
the not so intelligent.
That wont help me I cant read:*****::*****::*****:but I think they are suppose to put up some this spring for some people

Jordan
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I still lmao about the "no plug" deal. Ray said, ross u pizzing ? He said no. Ray said DEMMIT I forgot to put the plug in. I lmao'ed so hard I almost swallowed my dip.

jlincecum
12-15-2009, 12:43 PM
I still lmao about the "no plug" deal. Ray said, ross u pizzing ? He said no. Ray said DEMMIT I forgot to put the plug in. I lmao'ed so hard I almost swallowed my dip.

:*****::*****::*****:

Jordan
12-15-2009, 12:46 PM
thats the G rated version... ray said alot of other wordy dirds than DEMMIT... lmaoooooo

Deadly D
12-15-2009, 12:59 PM
thats the G rated version... ray said alot of other wordy dirds than DEMMIT... lmaoooooo
Not Ray:*****::*****::*****::*****:

Jordan
12-15-2009, 01:02 PM
yes ray !!!!

Deadly D
12-15-2009, 01:11 PM
yes ray !!!!
Sham on him

Jordan
12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
sham..... ok "W".... (shame)

Deadly D
12-15-2009, 01:16 PM
sham..... ok "W".... (shame)
I did that on purpose to see if you was paying attention:thefinger:

Jordan
12-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Im always paying attention :thefinger:

Ray
12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
^^^^^ Plug Dummy ^^^^^

Jordan
12-15-2009, 05:22 PM
:withstupid::funny:

ROOSTER
12-15-2009, 05:31 PM
And turn your truck lights off at night!!! blinds folks from backing in.

Gottogo49
12-16-2009, 12:58 AM
I fish by myself a lot so I tie up the launch while I park the boat and get back to move the truck, I try to be quick about it. I once found a truck and trailer backed down in the water with no boat in sight. After I launched and parked I went by the rig and the truck was running! I should have parked it for him but it wasn't a busy day so I just turned it off so he wouldn't idle away all of his gas. Mrs. Elaine said it happens every so often. What gets my goat is the aluminum boats that launch and tie off on the rail leaving their boat in the launch while they park. Some people - don't let them steal your joy. I'm not overjoyed with the tugs that whiz by and rock the dock either. One thing that I will warn you guys about- Mrs Elaine tells me that on busy weekends rods and reels are stolen out of boats in the parking lot while the owners are cleaning their fish. Since she told me that I tie off my boat on the back side near the cleaning station while I do the fillet duty.

Raymond
12-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Working on "NO WAKE" bouys at the present time. IMO it is way past time for them.:pissed:

Nasty
12-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the warning about stolen rods. There are always some low lifes hanging around looking to steal.

Ray
12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
I usually clean fish with the boat in the slip by the cleaning station.
I don't want to hog the other side of the dock where the boats launching
need a spot.

Deadly D
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Working on "NO WAKE" bouys at the present time. IMO it is way past time for them.:pissed:
Coast gaurd boat with the gun on the front of it came through there last time I was there and slammed a few boats around. Didnt even slow down

Ray
12-16-2009, 10:57 PM
They do it cause they can. I see that a lot during the summer.
They don't patrol much that far South much in the winter.
You do it to them and they write you up.