PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana long green...

lil bubba
06-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Anybody every try these ??? They do seem to be quite prolific...Suppose to get about 8 inches...

Cappy
06-05-2015, 11:46 AM
What are they Buba? the leaves look kinda squashy but Louisiana long green what???? What flavor, type etc. I am always looking for something to try new.

lil bubba
06-05-2015, 11:56 AM
They are eggplants....I never had these before but I'll guess I'll find out by next week...I have grown those long and short skinny black ones before and mostly fried them....

Cappy
06-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Yea I love egg plant and sliced fried and peggys stuff on top like pizza sauce lump crab meat and cheese then bake a few minutes. Or my egg plant crawfish cassarole or stuffed egg plant s or.........:cool: ya get ma drift.:)

Let us know how they come out.

Ilovestohunt
06-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Cappy,
How bout the recipe for eggplant crawfish casserole?? Sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cappy
06-09-2015, 09:35 AM
2 lg eggplants
2 lb of crawfish or shrimp
1/2 stick butter
1 cup onion chopped
4 green onions chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
2-3 ribs celery chopped
2 tbl parsley
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1-1/2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp pepper,or to taste
1/4 tsp tobasco, or to taste

Cut eggplant in half and boil till soft. Remove, cool and scoop out pulp. Set aside. Saute seafood in butter. Add vegetables and saute till wilted. Add eggplant and seasonings and mix well. Cook about 7 – 10 min. Add breadcrumbs and seafood, mix well and remove from heat. Use white wine, cream or chicken stock to thin if necessary. Pour in casserole dish, dot with butter and sprinkle with more bread crumbs. Bake at 350 till brown.

Like any good recipe make it your own. I sometimes add smoked sausage quartered then sliced into chunks or finely chopped tasso. Also cheese. both in and on top. Sometimes a can of drained rotel tomatoes. I dont really follow this recipe much its just a guideline.

lil bubba
06-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Picked the first one today about 8 inches....Peeled and sliced about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick...Gave it the egg and flour treatment and fried with soft shell crab and fish and fries...Will definitely put a couple more in the garden next year....