PDA

View Full Version : Things that are growing

Gerald
06-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Some of my garden has been struggling this spring, but some are growing good now.

Been picking green beans for 2 or 3 weeks and picked a few yellow squash, zucchini, bell peppers and 3 tomatoes so far.

Cucumbers have not done well this spring. Has to replant and now only have a couple of 1" size growing. Looks like most flower are not making any "fruit". I see very few honey bees.

Cappy
06-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Hang in there its looking good. It has been a tough gardening spring but now that summer is here stuff like peppers and Okra some beans and such should really take off. if your cucs dont make it before the heat ya can always try again come sept.

lil bubba
06-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Looks better than mine.....Hit above 90 here today , looks like its gunna be over early....

wetaline
06-05-2015, 11:10 PM
My tomato plants are starting to yellow on the bottom of the plant but are still producing so many that we've been sharing with the neighbors. Green beans and eggplants are being picked now as well. The cucumbers are finally starting to produce after making what seems like miles of vines! Hope the weather cooperates so it can continue to produce a bit longer.

mcjaredsandwich
06-06-2015, 05:31 AM
My tomato plants are starting to yellow on the bottom of the plant but are still producing so many that we've been sharing with the neighbors. Green beans and eggplants are being picked now as well. The cucumbers are finally starting to produce after making what seems like miles of vines! Hope the weather cooperates so it can continue to produce a bit longer.
You may want to add some nitrogen into your soil. Might want to hit it with some miracle gro until you can test your soil next growing season and add as needed.:cheers:

wetaline
06-06-2015, 09:41 PM
I fertilize on a regular schedule. Have never had the tomatoes do this. Always have enough to share with the neighbors and family (and for some fresh salsa!) Tried to post pics of the pile of tomatoes, but I couldn't get the pic to post.

simplepeddler
06-07-2015, 02:44 PM
nothing grew for me this year.........