PDA

View Full Version : Peppers Are Doing Good

duckman1911
07-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Picked a nice mess yesterday. Bushes are still loaded with small ones and blooming like crazy. Lots of chopping and bagging and eating going on.

duckman1911
07-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Sliced up four to snack on and got 4 1/2 quart bags of chopped peppers for cooking.

lil bubba
07-12-2015, 02:44 PM
What kind of peppers are those white ones ????

duckman1911
07-12-2015, 03:59 PM
All are gypsies in various stages of ripeness except for those dark green ones in the lower corner. Not sure what they are. Gypsy peppers are great. A nice meaty sweet pepper without the bitterness you sometimes get with a bell. A real smooth tasting pepper. Without a disaster like I had last year I will have plenty of seeds to give away. Thought I was going to have seeds last year but didn't. Never before have I known a dog to eat peppers off of the bush. Let's just say he's no longer here to eat my peppers.

Gerald
07-13-2015, 12:38 AM
My Bell peppers are only doing So--So. I have picked a few off of the 5 plants to cook with or stuffed some once.....none for the freezer, but I still have a bunch from last year.

My Bell pepper usually do best in Sept. when the temperatures start to cool off. I usually can keep them producing until we get a good freeze.

Cappy
07-13-2015, 10:38 AM
We are still trying to figure Bell peppers out we grow giant bushes of hot peppers no problem but have never made big bell peppers. This year I bought 6 pepper plants of assorted bell type peppers and am trying fertilizing with some Epsom salt a friend recommended. So far I got a few peppers a lil bogger than the berries I have grown in the past but nothing like yours dude.