PDA

View Full Version : Tomato fertilizer

AubreyLaHaye458
07-19-2015, 06:06 PM
I've got three tomato plants planted in pots in my backyard. Two of them are making a few tomatoes but they're not real big or pretty and one of them isn't making any. Is there any certain kind of fertilizer I can use or anything I can do to make them make more and/or bigger tomatoes? The pots are big enough and they've got good dirt in em. They're getting good sunlight and not too much and we keep them sprayed for bugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lil bubba
07-19-2015, 06:44 PM
I would say its just that time of year....Hot Hot Hot.....

AubreyLaHaye458
07-19-2015, 06:54 PM
I would say its just that time of year....Hot Hot Hot.....

I was thinking it but didn't wanna say it and make it real. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lil bubba
07-19-2015, 07:06 PM
I planted a variety in pots this year called bison ... Not a pretty plant or tomato...It makes tomato's and then doesn't make any more till those are gone and puts on more...Only the size of golf balls for most part and as soon as it splits the skin I pick and put inside till ripe...Very easy to peel and the best tomato I ever had with only salt...I can snack on 8 or half dozen like they were candy....Other than those it just too HOT...I got 5 about 3 inches high now and can't wait to see what they become...

keakar
07-21-2015, 08:54 AM
water every morning and evening is about all you can do but they suffer in the heat just like us.

my neighbor used to hang a trellis over them to partially shade them all day and it helps "some", but then its just that time of the year

when the sun is literally drying them out, they have no energy for making tomatoes