PDA

View Full Version : Lil greenery in august......

lil bubba
08-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Mess'n with the tubs....Eggplant put'n on buds,,,Still picking bell peppers,,,trying to get a start on fall tomato's,,,,long beens in the pot just for fun of it, got some more out back starting to take off.....It's hot but it's august....If it were snowing we'd be in trouble...Just got to make the best of it....

Gerald
08-09-2015, 02:45 PM
I picked some pepper yesterday and we stuffed they a while ago. They are just about ready to eat.

I planted some squash and cucumbers yesterday to get them started.

Cucumbers are [were] still growing good, but starting a few weeks ago, they tasted very bitter. Maybe 1 in 10 was good to eat.

It is about time to pull up some plants to get ready to plant fall garden.

duckman1911
08-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Pretty stuff bubba.
Gerald we did the same today. Got rid of most everything except a few maters. Them 4 plants are tough and just keep on trucking.

Cappy
08-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Good news Buba our long beans are still making in the heat and though they slowed they never quit. turned out to be a great summer thing with no sign of quitting it was pretty much plant and forget pick every other day or so all summer.

lil bubba
08-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Mine look like they may start a few flowers...Hopefully...Its so dry I went to turn a lil ground over and had dust flying busting the clods with the shovel....I mean it is bone dry here....They claim we got rain coming with a lil storm in the gulf,,,hope thats all it is but I guess when it rains its gunna be everyday for a couple weeks then drought again.....Oh well I got a shallot in a pot sprout'n and in a couple weeks time for the winter crop seeds to go in....

Cappy
08-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Just picked 2 hand fulls of long beans and a dozen okra's. But thats it. Every thing else has either died of thirst or burnt up or both. I did notice however that the volunteer squash that completely retreated now has a lil patch of green in the middle it amy come back this fall who knows.