PDA

View Full Version : Big Lake - 5/29

drjay
05-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Hit the north end of the lake at 6:30 and the armada was already hunkered down in Turners. So, we rolled past and started chunking plastic on northeast end of the lake----just south of Turners.

Water was pretty good, and the shrimp were jumping all over the place. Fished 2 hours and landed about 20 decent trout and 2 reds. Nothing too big, but they were all decent.

Norton eels, gulp swimming mullets, chubs...........didn't really matter.....everywhere we found the shrimp jumping the trout were close by. It was good to see the bait and the fish back in the lake. It's been a while since I had a decent trip.

RAKEDLAKE
05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
We made the mistake of going to the fish nursery in west cove. End up with 15 small trout and 5 reds. Hopefully some of the fish in west cove will grow up, as for now they are ready for the acquiram.

"W"
05-29-2009, 08:58 PM
We made the mistake of going to the fish nursery in west cove. End up with 15 small trout and 5 reds. Hopefully some of the fish in west cove will grow up, as for now they are ready for the acquiram.

Thats what I have been hearing also!!!! Lots of small fish everywhere!!! But thats a good thing to have!!

LaAngler
05-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Thats what I have been hearing also!!!! Lots of small fish everywhere!!! But thats a good thing to have!!

w trout :D

Gerald
05-30-2009, 10:50 AM
While in West Cove yesterday AM, I caught two trout there....a 13" and 15". So not all Trout there are under size.