matt wahl
05-30-2009, 12:33 PM
TRAFFIC rediculous at calc point!!

Washout...A few and water was a little better

Turners.... Dinks and nothing

Texaco.... 2 at 14"

Dirty water.... Everywhere GO SOUTH!!!

Used arti.

did anyone do good around west cove , oyster bayou? Didnt try east bank either.
Had a strong north wind last night too... I knew better , shoulda went furthur south and found cleaner water.

......bad day or maybe its just me .. I dunno

jchief
05-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Heading out for the first time in about 3 weeks this afternoon. Let you know what I find.

LaAngler
05-30-2009, 03:34 PM
i heard the crowds were bad also, glad i didn't go

adamsfence
05-30-2009, 04:27 PM
the lady in the bait shop at cal point said she had been there for 6 years and that was the busiest she had ever seen it

we did ok no limits 9 specks and 1 flounder

2 of the specks was about 3 to 4 pounds (guess didn't have no scales will post some pics later

adamsfence
05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
alright i lied my numbers must have growed on the road home we had 7 and 1

don't have a scale but the smallest one is 14 inches didn't measure the biggest 2 how much ya'll think it wieghed i thought about 4 lbs but im not real good at guestimating

killa k
05-30-2009, 05:35 PM
The smallest is 14"? How long is the biggest one?

matt wahl
05-30-2009, 05:43 PM
alright i lied my numbers must have growed on the road home we had 7 and 1

don't have a scale but the smallest one is 14 inches didn't measure the biggest 2 how much ya'll think it wieghed i thought about 4 lbs but im not real good at guestimating

you Did better than we did. Shuolda went after flounder or reds.... man I wish someone got a picture of the wiers today!!! LOL

Heck we didnt even catch anything over 18" Dont remember the total. Didnt keep em.

I know one thing... If calc point looks like that next saturday Im launching at prien!

"W"
05-30-2009, 05:47 PM
you Did better than we did. Shuolda went after flounder or reds.... man I wish someone got a picture of the wiers today!!! LOL

Heck we didnt even catch anything over 18" Dont remember the total.

I know one thing... If calc point looks like that next saturday Im launching at prien!

Post them Pics of the Wiers!!!:*****::*****::*****: I love to see how many can fit in one area!!!!:*****::cry::*****::cry:

I heard their was over 400 boats on the water today!!!!:shaking:

matt wahl
05-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Post them Pics of the Wiers!!!:*****::*****::*****: I love to see how many can fit in one area!!!!:*****::cry::*****::cry:

I heard their was over 400 boats on the water today!!!!:shaking:

It was bad bro , all the fish were scared to death prolly why We couldnt catch a dame THING!!!!!

Slidellkid
05-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Nice trout Adam!

adamsfence
05-30-2009, 06:02 PM
The smallest is 14"? How long is the biggest one?

don't know i was stupid i didn't measure it

Deadly D
05-30-2009, 06:27 PM
They had people everywhere. Run out of heberts to the gulf this morning, afterI took off I looked behind me and there was 9 boats following me. Went to the east side in the gulf and the water was dirty, went west same results. Came back in and managed to pick up 21 trout and 1 flounder. Couldnt take it any more , catch a fish you would have 2 or 3 boats come meet you . they would get on the cell and call their buddie than 5 minutes later 6 or 7 boats. I knew better but couldnt resist. Will start again monday.:eek:

"W"
05-30-2009, 06:59 PM
They had people everywhere. Run out of heberts to the gulf this morning, afterI took off I looked behind me and there was 9 boats following me. Went to the east side in the gulf and the water was dirty, went west same results. Came back in and managed to pick up 21 trout and 1 flounder. Couldnt take it any more , catch a fish you would have 2 or 3 boats come meet you . they would get on the cell and call their buddie than 5 minutes later 6 or 7 boats. I knew better but couldnt resist. Will start again monday.:eek:

:*****::*****::*****:ME, Fool and LaAngler hit it just right last Sat. We were all by our self until the end...A potlicker came check us out but we were done!!!!

Deadly D
05-30-2009, 07:17 PM
:*****::*****::*****:ME, Fool and LaAngler hit it just right last Sat. We were all by our self until the end...A potlicker came check us out but we were done!!!!
The problem was not out there it was in the lake. passed by long point and counted 23 boats on that little hole i like to fish ( yank)

"W"
05-30-2009, 07:18 PM
The problem was not out there it was in the lake. passed by long point and counted 23 boats on that little hole i like to fish ( yank)

21 of them didnt know what they were fishing!!!!:*****::*****:

catch_and_release
05-30-2009, 08:35 PM
I think I'm going to start fishing afternoons on weekends. Having a Mon-Fri 8-5 job is pretty cool until you go put the boat in Saturday Morning. I would rather fish afternoons and take a chance on missing the morning bite then have to deal with all the boat traffic.

I'm still trying to learn how to consistenly catch good fish on Big Lake. I have the boat, the tackle, and the desire, maybe fishing afternoons will help.

adamsfence
05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
I think I'm going to start fishing afternoons on weekends. Having a Mon-Fri 8-5 job is pretty cool until you go put the boat in Saturday Morning. I would rather fish afternoons and take a chance on missing the morning bite then have to deal with all the boat traffic.

I'm still trying to learn how to consistenly catch good fish on Big Lake. I have the boat, the tackle, and the desire, maybe fishing afternoons will help.

yeah after today i'm thinking the same. when i took out at 2 or 3 most of the people was leaving. Last year it wasn't that busy maybe some of them will get bored the hotter it gets

flounder_smacker
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
thats some bs yall put up with over there. in vbay if you do that kind of crap you get hooks throw at you or 1/2oz weights coming at your head. next time a bunch of people get around you just start blaring some techno or some crappy music.

Gerald
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Fishing during the week is not much better. I fished Thur and by 6:30 AM there were 15 boats in Turners Bay. By 7:15 there were 25 boats.

Deadly D
05-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Fishing during the week is not much better. I fished Thur and by 6:30 AM there were 15 boats in Turners Bay. By 7:15 there were 25 boats.
better than 200 this morning from what I here. I went south

matt wahl
05-30-2009, 09:45 PM
better than 200 this morning from what I here. I went south

Smart Man....I didnt go far enough south , couple of my spots were so full that a guy could tell a joke and someone 5 boats down would hear it. :cry:

Oh well , gotta have a bad day every once in a while.

LaAngler
05-30-2009, 11:37 PM
a while back some guy pulled up and started trying to copy my drift and technique, he asked me how i was doing, i said "it's my first time on the lake, haven't had a bite all day"

he trolling away and left.....LOL

or just take a big dump off the back of the boat....

Deadly D
05-31-2009, 09:41 AM
a while back some guy pulled up and started trying to copy my drift and technique, he asked me how i was doing, i said "it's my first time on the lake, haven't had a bite all day"

he trolling away and left.....LOL

or just take a big dump off the back of the boat....
you know that aint right man. they had a guy yesterday on commesary fishing live shrimp and caught 2 fish ,a man trolls to him and asked where he could get live shrimp. The man told him hackberry, so this guy pulls out his map and guess what, you know it vroooooommmmmm.:*****::*****::*****::*****:

jchief
05-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Okay, late post. The water in mid lake was good. North and south were muddy.

Was at the place deadly mentioned with 2 other boats. Caugth a few on LSU. ONe of the duba## in a Haynie with no numbers started up after he watched me put 2 fish in the boat. He went between me and another boat about a 100 yards from me. Me and the ohter boat were on anchor. I was staring real hard at him and the driver would not look at me. He did not have any numbers on his boat or i would post them. I made few loud comments such as "He Duma** can't you see we are cathching fish here" I looked for him on the way in. I gaurentee if I see him fishing I will run by him on step and about 10 yards away.

After he left and it settled down, we caught several more. A ton of little fish. Must have caugh 40.

Birds working around the super cut along with 20 or so boats.

I really think they need to mandate a boaters drivers license or something.

Jordan
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM
i agree...... had the same thing happen to me.... some people are better off fishing from the bank !!!! i think im going to start carrying a paintball gun with me in the boat... if your too close..... guess what ??? POW POW POW !!! LSU colors... YA HEAR THAT W... NO POTLICKING !!!! :)

Deadly D
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
i agree...... had the same thing happen to me.... some people are better off fishing from the bank !!!! i think im going to start carrying a paintball gun with me in the boat... if your too close..... guess what ??? POW POW POW !!! LSU colors... YA HEAR THAT W... NO POTLICKING !!!! :)
yea its going to be like that one guy pulled out that paintball gun and was fixing to shoot at the other one till he told him he had a 45 with lead make that mistake:)