PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Action

booboo
05-31-2009, 06:24 AM
My two boys and I fished Big Lake yesterday(saturday). Caught 4 trout, but only 1, 4lb keeper. Couldn't find out what we were doing wrong?? The water in Turners was OK. Washout and Nine mile cut were dirty. Old Jetties were very nasty....I thought with little wind the Lake would of been beautiful. Anyway, Kids had fun, caught plenty of hardheads, and a few 10 in trout, as long as they are catching something, its all good!!!! I was hoping for a better outcome on the Trout issue...........Oh well, another day

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 07:09 AM
When i with the kids I just hope I don't get hooked, I think the kids just like realing in something and spending time with ol' dad. Sorry about ya'lls trip better luck next time

LaAngler
05-31-2009, 01:17 PM
it may not be that you did anything wrong, you just missed the bite.

booboo
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM
The kids had a blast catching hard heads, they were asking to go back today........we'll get em another time

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
The kids had a blast catching hard heads, they were asking to go back today........we'll get em another time
It's all about the kids, but man them damn hard heads, at the beginning of the trip with my kids if I would go ahead and stick my self with a bard and get that over with, cause it is going to happen,:cry:

Gerald
05-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Rob.....do you "flip" them to get them off? That way you don't have to touch them.

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Could you explain that on to me, not sure

Gerald
05-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Use a J-hook type tool.

hold the line in one hand, and hook the tool around the hook.

Pull outward with both hands.....the fish is now safely between both hands which are about 18" apart.

With a quick circular motion.....you flip the catfish, out away from you and the hook should come free from the fish.

This does not work if the hook is deep into the mouth. In this case---you have to slip your hand up the fishes body until you have your hand up around the three fins so that you do not get "stuck".

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks alot Gerald I will be picking a tool up this week

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Thanks alot Gerald I will be picking a tool up this week

You can get them at Wal-Mart for about 2 dollars. Awesome tool. I have a bunch. I would show you how to use them, but they dont work good with 30 and 40 pound catfish..lol

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Gone pick one up Wed. Potlicken Thurs.