PDA

View Full Version : Report

yak'em-n-stack'em
12-28-2009, 11:12 PM
before i crash for the night or until someone on the bus wakes me, i figured id chronicle my expeditions since finals.

Friday Dec 11th
Was suppose to go fishing, but decided to forgo the winds so i decided to sleep in, at 645 my cousin called me to tell me that he killed me a deer. So i drove to kinder and had her processed into sausage steaks and chili meat.

Saturday the 19th was the opener of duck season. Our lease killed 65 birds, my blind could not get many shots in due to sky busting by some other guys on our lease.

Monday the 21st headed down to klondike with Ben O. We hunted in the marsh on the Oustalet farm, saw 5 ducks killed all 5.

Monday afternoon headed up to bordeleonville to hunt with tailchaser at his parents house. We saw 1 hooded merganser and killed it.

Tuesday morning got up and went to the same place, and had the same results.

Wednesday we headed down to my lease in the marsh. Yet another slow day. I think we killed 9 or 10 between the 6 of us. (me, my dad, my uncle, soggy redneck, and my buddy jimmy.

Thursday had one of baton rouge's finest with me as well as my brother (ellangley), soggy redneck, and my friend jimmy. Killed a few more probably 10-12 during and after the terrible weather.

Friday took off for christmas.

Saturday went down again and i killed 4 teal and a spoonie and the other guys with me killed 4 or 5 teal.

Sunday dad and I made a float on the river and saw a few woodies and 3 monsta mallards, but no kill shots

Monday went down to pecan island and shot at 1 wigeon and flat out missed him.

Its been fun, lots of time in the marsh so im happy.

ill try to get some pics as i get them on my comp

yak'em-n-stack'em
12-28-2009, 11:21 PM
a few pics

yak'em-n-stack'em
12-28-2009, 11:25 PM

yak'em-n-stack'em
12-28-2009, 11:25 PM
we couldnt kill a green head so we made on

2ndamendment
12-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Great adventures and lots of memories....As much as you travel, you must have alot of miles on your truck. As a parent I would hate to pay your fuel bill.

2ndamendment
12-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Like that smiling gritter your friend is holding.

yak'em-n-stack'em
12-28-2009, 11:29 PM

yak'em-n-stack'em
12-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Great adventures and lots of memories....As much as you travel, you must have alot of miles on your truck. As a parent I would hate to pay your fuel bill.

I wish my parents paid my bills lol. yes, i travel a heck of a lot.

That is my brother in the pick with the nutria, he just signed up on here Ellangley

he needs a new name

Ray
12-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Just an observation. Your decoys are spread too far apart from what I see in the pictures.
Don't know if it will help if there are no ducks, but if they are slow, it will help.
And in a hard wind, it will be best to move all of your decoys into the calmest water and
bunch them up close together to make it look more realistic.
It is a pain in the buut, but it helps. Ducks don't like landing in white caps if there is calm
water.

speck-chaser
12-29-2009, 12:11 AM
looks like you didnt have much problems with decoy movement.lol

Woodduck Commander
12-29-2009, 12:52 AM
well im very sorry it will be changed soon

Woodduck Commander
12-29-2009, 01:10 AM
well im very sorry it will be changed soon

as soon as i can figure out how to do so.... which is proving to be harder than first expected

yak'em-n-stack'em
12-29-2009, 07:24 AM
send a pm to shadman

as for the decoys, before the storm they were closer together

SULPHITE
12-29-2009, 10:27 AM
that looked like some fun in that weather!!! Great pics yak...looks like you had a great time!