PDA

View Full Version : G/C 12/27

Raymond
12-29-2009, 10:57 AM
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8252&stc=1&d=1262102186

SULPHITE
12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Dude I am jealous as hell!! you are ripping ducks man!!

Raymond
12-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes we are but I can't understand why we are not killing any grey's.:shaking:
One would think they would be as thick as the mallards and pintail
are but, they aren't.

Raymond
12-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Here is another one....

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8253&stc=1&d=1262105077

Jordan
12-29-2009, 11:59 AM
dang son, i wanna book a hunt !!!! my birthday is coming up soon... hook a homie up !

Hopedale Hustler
12-29-2009, 12:18 PM
dang man yall poundin em...

Shawn Braquet
12-29-2009, 04:01 PM
nice very nice, i'll trade you some grey ducks for some mallards and pinnys lol i'll even throw in some teal to boot

Shawn Braquet
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
is that a chessie in the first two pics? if so how do ya'll like him compared to a lab?

Raymond
12-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Yes, my friend Rick's Chestapeek "Tessa". Have only hunted with them twice and they do just fine. Have never trained one but they usually do best in a one owner situation. My preference is Black dogs since they have a deeper gene pool than any other breed. Had a nice Choco dog at one time but he died Labor day 2006, Damn I still miss that ole dog. Good looking dog you have in your avatar Shawn. Need to come out and train with me some day.

Shawn Braquet
12-29-2009, 04:20 PM
i lose the one in my avatar every morning when i wake up to my dreams lol. Before duck season i would take my lab to 210 to work him once a week usually. I told myself if he didnt do good this year that I was going to get another puppy but looks like I'll be back at it harder after this season perfecting his skills after seeing what he has in the blind. Just wish he showed the skills in the field training like he shows in the blind hunting. He sure loves them birds and gets bored with them dummies.

huntin fool
12-29-2009, 04:24 PM
i lose the one in my avatar every morning when i wake up to my dreams lol. Before duck season i would take my lab to 210 to work him once a week usually. I told myself if he didnt do good this year that I was going to get another puppy but looks like I'll be back at it harder after this season perfecting his skills after seeing what he has in the blind. Just wish he showed the skills in the field training like he shows in the blind hunting. He sure loves them birds and gets bored with them dummies.

I dont blame drake for not liking dummies.....WOuld you rather eat plastic or eat the real duck?

Raymond
12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Bring him out to train! I have trained many dogs that only wanted to show up on game day. You might be surprised with him in a training situation after the season is over. Sometimes it takes a light bulb going off to get them jump started. Will be shooting flyers in the next couple months for our dogs and you are welcome to come and pick some up.

Shawn Braquet
12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
R Little are you a member of the lake charles retriever club? i had thought about joining when i got drake but when he didnt put up much but may look into joining now. The training days look like they'd be fun.

Raymond
12-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Yep, and two other dog clubs also (glutten for punishment)!:rolleyes:
Skip the training days and find a smaller group since you will
get more accomplished. My buddy and I train in Edgerley on the Rhoads ranch on the weekends. Will be happy to throw birds for your dog if you reciprocate by helping us with our dogs. We have all of the equipment so all you hve to do is find out when we are going and bring your hound.

Shawn Braquet
12-29-2009, 04:52 PM
im in just let me know when you go, I enjoy getting out with the dogs and learning things as this is my first dog to hunt with and train. I had a lab in college that I trained but died a month before season so decided to give it another try and so far having good luck with him. I used to do a lot of running around in edgerly, not familiar with Rhoads ranch though. My buddy lived there as a kid.