PDA

View Full Version : Crawfish Extermination

Lake Chuck Duck
04-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Crawfish are constantly making mounds in my yard causing it to continuously be a mud hole and making it impossible to weed eat without looking like i went mud riding. Does anyone know a yard treatment to kill them in bulk that doesnt involve dropping poison in every hole? (And i dont want to hear catch them and have a boil lol)

Quackhead62
04-24-2016, 03:28 PM
I've hard of something they sale at feed stores. The name escapes me at the moment but it's kind of like a sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alphaman
04-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Harvest and sell them ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BudMan56
04-24-2016, 04:55 PM
I got rid of all of the mounds using a dust garden sprayer filled with seven dust.
Just knocked the mound over, inserted tube of sprayer into hole and pumped a few strokes in. Killed all and never came back.

saute86
04-24-2016, 05:13 PM
I got rid of all of the mounds using a dust garden sprayer filled with seven dust.
Just knocked the mound over, inserted tube of sprayer into hole and pumped a few strokes in. Killed all and never came back.

That is good to know. My garden is full of them.

Lake Chuck Duck
04-25-2016, 03:06 PM

So are you saying to use the dry powder form of Sevin? Not granules or liquid form?

Josh C
04-25-2016, 07:54 PM
I could use some help on this also!!

Smalls
04-25-2016, 10:10 PM
You put any chemical in a crawfish hole, and you will kill them. They can't stand any pollutant in water, similar to frogs.

Of course, you will also put all sorts of crap in the groundwater...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lil Silver
04-26-2016, 07:07 AM
Used to have crawfish mounds in my yard bad. Bout the last 3 years, I've been treating my yard for ants spraying Bifen IT. Rigged up a little sprayer with my 15 gallon sprayer. Bought the spray nozzle from Northern Tools, it sprays about 14' wide from a single nozzle mounted to the back rack on my 4 wheeler. Spray twice a year covering everything I mow. To cut things short....I don't have anymore crawfish mounds either.

RigRatNoMeaux
04-27-2016, 09:01 PM
I spray my yard with permetherin for skeeters and when the crawfish wander into my yard they don't last long, also kills pee frogs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk