PDA

View Full Version : False River

blackmamba
12-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Anybody on here from The Lafayette area fish False River and if so What launch do you use. Trying to find the quickest way there. I usually launch near the WalMart in New Roads

Mediumheavyaction6'6
12-30-2009, 08:38 AM
There are only two launches on the FR right now. The one by the police station ( the one you are speaking of) is your best bet. I can give you some back roads that would get there a little faster if you are interested. PM me and we can discuss. I grew up in Morganza and went to school at False River Acadamy.

eman
12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
You Got the launch at Point Breeze hotel (pay) across from wal mart.
Public Launch (free) By the police station.
Jims Bar (pay) north flats.
L A Express (pay) island side, south flats.

This Time of year you need to fish structure in the 15' -25' depth range
Fish as SLOW as you can w/ creature baits and if we get 2 or 3 sunny days in a row make sure and fish the ledges that lead from the deep water up to shallow areas w/ a 6 " lizard or finess worm.

I just pick my launch spot by figureing which one puts me closer to where i want to fish and which one has me fighting the least wind.

If you really want a shot at a trophy , Starting around the 3rd week of Jan. Start fishing at night .;)
I only fish nights from Jan. to Full moon in April.:smokin:

speckdaddy
12-30-2009, 06:01 PM
You Got the launch at Point Breeze hotel (pay) across from wal mart.
Public Launch (free) By the police station.
Jims Bar (pay) north flats.
L A Express (pay) island side, south flats.

This Time of year you need to fish structure in the 15' -25' depth range
Fish as SLOW as you can w/ creature baits and if we get 2 or 3 sunny days in a row make sure and fish the ledges that lead from the deep water up to shallow areas w/ a 6 " lizard or finess worm.

I just pick my launch spot by figureing which one puts me closer to where i want to fish and which one has me fighting the least wind.

If you really want a shot at a trophy , Starting around the 3rd week of Jan. Start fishing at night .;)
I only fish nights from Jan. to Full moon in April.:smokin:
ya forgot about the launch at parrots bar!!!!!! righ tnext to our camp:smokin:

eman
12-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Been awhile since i fished there . Is parrots on the island side ?
Must Have been another name when i fished there.