PDA

View Full Version : gulp alive (how do they rank)

tgsx750f2000
01-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I was wondering how you all feel about the gulp alive shrimp? that are rechargable.
Do you think they are as good are almost as good as real shrimp? Should I spend money on some, Thanks in advance.

Jordan
01-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I bought the quart for $20 or whatever. I got the assortment. I use them sometimes, I've caught a few reds on them, but I bought a pack of the 4" white mullet and put in the container with the shrimp. It don't hurt to buy them, ya never know!

Montauk17
01-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I've had better luck with the 4" gulp swimming mullet over the shrimp. The mullet is basically a curly tail grub,and i've caught alot of reds,flounder,and some specks on it. The colors I use are the chartruse and pearl white.

"W"
01-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Trout...........Last

Reds .......1st

Ray
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Yep. I ain't had much luck with the ones I bought.

fritz20
01-01-2010, 07:24 PM
I've had better luck with the 4" gulp swimming mullet over the shrimp. The mullet is basically a curly tail grub,and i've caught alot of reds,flounder,and some specks on it. The colors I use are the chartruse and pearl white.
I just finished of a bag of the chart mullet and I really liked them. I used to fish the new penny shrimp for reds, but they are not durable at all. The flounder seem to like them too:grinpimp:

Montauk17
01-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I just finished of a bag of the chart mullet and I really liked them. I used to fish the new penny shrimp for reds, but they are not durable at all. The flounder seem to like them too:grinpimp:

I caught some huge flounder on those chart mullets in big lake,they have way more action then the shrimp.

Nasty
01-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Gulp swimming minnow in white or chartreuse is deadly on flounder!

PUREBAY2200
01-02-2010, 08:47 PM
I've had good luck catchin reds on em. New penny shrimp and charteuse curl tail.
In the summer I like to keep one spinnin rod with a cork and a pearl shrimp on it. I see birds divin and it's faster then hookin a live shrimp.
I get a lil dab of superglu and put it on the hook shank as I thread the bait.
It helps to keep it on . Usually 6-8 fish b4 it really tears up.

PUREBAY2200
01-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Is the swimming minnow the same as curl tail??? I never look at name on packages just the style of bait.... Lol

Nasty
01-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Swimming minnow is the name for the curly tail.

Gottogo49
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I agree with most of the other posters, I like the 4" glow swimming mullets best. I caught three flounder in a row before my sister switched from her chartreuse swimming mullet to glow and the game was on. I'm sure that there are days when chart outfishes glow. Good advice to glue them on a jig. Croakers and hardheads are bad about biting the tails off. One other bit of advice, put the gulp ziplock inside another ziplock. The gulp bag leaks. You can mix the gulp colors in a bag or quart container (the quart containers leak too). Don't put other plastic baits in the gulp juice, they disintegrate.

fishmaster911
01-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I agree with most of the other posters, I like the 4" glow swimming mullets best. I caught three flounder in a row before my sister switched from her chartreuse swimming mullet to glow and the game was on. I'm sure that there are days when chart outfishes glow. Good advice to glue them on a jig. Croakers and hardheads are bad about biting the tails off. One other bit of advice, put the gulp ziplock inside another ziplock. The gulp bag leaks. You can mix the gulp colors in a bag or quart container (the quart containers leak too). Don't put other plastic baits in the gulp juice, they disintegrate.

i bought a med size plastic container at wal-mart for .99 that doesn't leak ! its so great, no more mess!

catch.and.fillet
01-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Sugar and spice 3" shrimp has been the ticket for reds for us; both on bottom and under a popping cork. I agree they're not very durable. I dump the bucket in a double ziplock and throw a whole mess in there. Second favorite color is natural shrimp.