PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Trout Recipe?

fritz20
01-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Looking for some healthy ways to prepare trout. We baked it the other day and it turned out pretty good. Any suggestions?

Ray
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Grilled. I have a non stick skillet and another flat pan
with holes drilled in it for cooking fish on the grill.
My wife and I love grilled fish.
Just be sure to bast it a little or it will be dry on the
outside.

eman
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Smoke some trout filets w/ apple wood or pecan. Flake the filets to make some killer fish tacos.

all star rod
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Take corn flakes and crush them up in a zip loc bag to where it almost looks like corn meal. Take your fish and dip it in eggs and your seasoning. Mix the fish in with the crushed up corn flakes and bake in oven. Basically like shake n bake.

huntin fool
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Take corn flakes and crush them up in a zip loc bag to where it almost looks like corn meal. Take your fish and dip it in eggs and your seasoning. Mix the fish in with the crushed up corn flakes and bake in oven. Basically like shake n bake.

Shake-n-bake ricky bobby!

Take a trout fillet, but it on an onion pedal...put garlic on top, and place on grill.

Talk about good.

meaux fishing
01-03-2010, 11:17 PM

Take a trout fillet, but it on an onion pedal...put garlic on top, and place on grill.

Talk about good.
:eek: Thats some small fillets... you fish with W too much :rotfl:

Garfish
03-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I did this Friday night:

I oven fry with chef KD's fish fry or I'll mix bread crumbs and Shake n Bake.

I lay the filets in a pan greased w/ Pam or Olive oil and sprinkle w/ a little Tony's or other type of seasoning.
So the fish doesn't stick, I'll only bread the top half of the filets and it also cuts down on the calories.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes on 425*.
Not too long or it will dry out.

We made fish tacos with it this time.
Warmed some whole wheat tortillas, chopped some lettuce, tomato, & avocado w/ some pineapple salsa and it was on!!

Comes out pretty good any way you want to eat it!!!

Ray
03-03-2010, 07:22 PM
I just ate some Flounder fillets that were coated in McCormick Golden Dipt Oven Easy seafood coating mix. It is made for cooking fish in the oven. It is kinda like Shake and Bake, but it is for seafood.

Fishmaster
03-03-2010, 07:25 PM

Talk about good.

Sounds like you listen to wayne too! :p

catch.and.fillet
03-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Blackened in a black iron skillet in a gas grill. Did this last Friday and it was awesome. Tastes great even cold the next day on a salad or with dirty rice or on tacos.:grinpimp:

Use margarine or real butter with Blackened redfish seasoning (I use a large bottle of Chef Paul's I have but not sure if it's sold where you are). Preheat the grill to about 400 deg with your skillet on the grill with no Pam or anything sprayed on it. Just the bare skillet. Melt butter and spread on fish, both sides. Liberally sprinkle and thoroughly coat fillet on top side with seasoning. Put fillet in skillet with blackened season side down. Let cook for about 5-10 minutes till almost dry burning the butter away. Enjoy the sizzle and take a swig from your adult beverage.

While it's in the pan, sprinkle and coat the bare buttered side of the fillet that's now up. When ready, take a fork or spatula and flip. The blackened season that was on the bottome side makes a kind of crust. Cook another 5-10 minutes or until butter sizzle is gone. Fish is flaky, moist and seasoned great. Works really well with thick redfish fillets, too. Enjoy.

Plan B is with a big trout fillet, cook on the half shell with skin side down on foil on the pit. Remove with spatula and skin stays attached to foil. I heard this on here already but hadn't tried it yet.

Ray
03-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Blackened fish, good.
Butter, not healthy.

SULPHITE
03-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Dip dry filets in egg white...cover with crushed almonds and pan fry in olive oil...healthy

Montauk17
03-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Dip dry filets in egg white...cover with crushed almonds and pan fry in olive oil...healthy

Never heard of that one,sounds good

SULPHITE
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Its my favorite way to cook flounder...

cabwiz2
03-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Blackened in a black iron skillet in a gas grill. Did this last Friday and it was awesome. Tastes great even cold the next day on a salad or with dirty rice or on tacos.:grinpimp:

Use margarine or real butter with Blackened redfish seasoning (I use a large bottle of Chef Paul's I have but not sure if it's sold where you are). Preheat the grill to about 400 deg with your skillet on the grill with no Pam or anything sprayed on it. Just the bare skillet. Melt butter and spread on fish, both sides. Liberally sprinkle and thoroughly coat fillet on top side with seasoning. Put fillet in skillet with blackened season side down. Let cook for about 5-10 minutes till almost dry burning the butter away. Enjoy the sizzle and take a swig from your adult beverage.

While it's in the pan, sprinkle and coat the bare buttered side of the fillet that's now up. When ready, take a fork or spatula and flip. The blackened season that was on the bottome side makes a kind of crust. Cook another 5-10 minutes or until butter sizzle is gone. Fish is flaky, moist and seasoned great. Works really well with thick redfish fillets, too. Enjoy.

Plan B is with a big trout fillet, cook on the half shell with skin side down on foil on the pit. Remove with spatula and skin stays attached to foil. I heard this on here already but hadn't tried it yet.
If you want healthy try the butter flavored pam instead of butter. My mother in law will not eat butter so I tried it one night and it came out pretty good. Not as good as with butter but still good. It still makes the crust. I also do this recipe with shrimp, great.

Garfish
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I use Olive oil to blacken with. Just a "little" healthier than the butter. Good stuff. I save my larger trout filets just for that.

Ray
03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Olive oil still has calories and fat, but it is good fat if you don't use a lot.
I have a recipe on here for stuffed trout. Imma go find it.

Ray
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Here it is, but it is enough to feed 5 or 6 people. http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6015&highlight=stuffed+trout
It has a 1/2 stick of butter to saute the swimps and seasonings in, but you
don't have to saute them if you don't want. You can use Pam or something
else. I just like the flavor butter gives and it helps spread the seasoning
flavor to the swimps.
You can substitute crab for the shrimp, or you can use both.