PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolution

fritz20
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I hate to make the most cliche resolution but I am trying to drop some pounds and get back into shape. On the 1st the wife and I trashed the junk food in our apartment and we are both committing to healthier diets. I quit drinking and other things years ago, quit dipping over a year ago, and quit smoking about 10 months ago. Now its time to quit being fat:*****:

In the past I lost about 50lbs on a very strict diet with lots of exercise. Problem was I could not maintain the weight loss because the diet was so strict. My goal is to work out on a consistent basis and eat much healthier. Hopefully I can make this a lifestyle change rather then a fad with quick results. I want to lose 40 pounds by the end of this year and greatly increase my physical fitness. I weighed in on the 1st and I was 251.2

I started my exercise regimen yesterday with some walking and running. Joined the gym today and did some cardio and light lifting. Felt pretty good to back in the gym!! I will keep you folks posted.

Jordan
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
congratulations... i need to get me another pair of tennis shoes.... i have (1) pair of dr martins and about (10) pair of boots...

fritz20
01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I picked up a new pair a few months ago. My wife had a coupon for some place in BR and I got a nice pair of tennis shoes for 30 bucks.

longsidelandry
01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm going to do the same. I'm not doing any of those "fad diets" but rather I'm changing the way I eat and starting to excercise. I figure if I just eat healthier and eat less the weight will come off and stay off alot better than just losing alot at one time.

Big Flounder
01-05-2010, 04:06 PM
I stopped smoking first and then I'm going to try to lose a few pounds. Smoking sucks. I want one so bad!!!

fritz20
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I used the patch which helped a lot. The cravings are not bad at all after a while. The patch helps curb those initially strong cravings.

PUREBAY2200
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
2 weeks into the "new me" and i feel good. besides bn super tired every morning... but i do have more energy during the day.
with my crazy work schedule i work out @ diff times every day. but i always work out.
1 hr cardio then pump iron. im basically doin the same lifts i did with college football, just alot less weight.
was seriously sore the first week but now im good to go.
i actually played in a alumni b-ball game last nite.....didnt get tired. played abut 30 of the 40 minutes. really felt good to not get winded and to b able to run up and down the court. also my knees didnt hurt at all and are feeling fine today.
and after 4 knee reconstructions, thanks collee footbal, that is always a good thing.

o yea ...i still got my jump shot. 9 for 16....booooyaaaahhhhh

Jordan
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
9 for 16 ?? way to go man.... pretty darn good... im going to try to stop dipping......wish me luck

PUREBAY2200
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
9 for 16 ?? way to go man.... pretty darn good... im going to try to stop dipping......wish me luck

i was larry bird back in the day!!! then i started played football in high school, got big:*****: and basketball fell to the side.

good luck with the no dippin... i can make it bout 3 days then life gets me too overwhelmed and i gotta put one in.... better than smokin.:help::help:

Jordan
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
i went 4.... i was gonna go ape **** on someone.... its much cheaper and keeps me outta trouble !!!

PUREBAY2200
01-12-2010, 04:24 PM
hahahaha!!!
im like the hulk.....ur not gonna like me with out a dip in!!!!!!

Jordan
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
hahahaha!!!
im like the hulk.....ur not gonna like me with out a dip in!!!!!!

same here

Fishmaster
01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
whats that bad about dip been doing it for couple years and nothing?

adamsfence
01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
u will know when ur lip and teeth fall out

meaux fishing
01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
whats that bad about dip been doing it for couple years and nothing?
just a little thing called lip cancer... bad stuff man dont start take it from an ex dipper/smoker

Fishmaster
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Since I stoped smoking, i dip alot more. People are always saying neg. stuff about it. It just made my bottom lip dark red...

Reel Bender
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
u will know when ur lip and teeth fall out
Dipped when I was younger, quit when my gums were receeding badly. Well < the front 2 teeth came out a few years ago because there was nuthin to hold them in place. Even after having grapghs done to save em.

Fishmaster
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
even if your using pouches?

adamsfence
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
yeah none of its safe and its hard as hell to quit trust me I'm trying

meaux fishing
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
even if your using pouches?
yep even pouches

Fishmaster
01-12-2010, 07:55 PM
i see it ill do what alot of others do, do it to it gets to bad then quit,, untill then dipthenspit :p

jchief
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Do a search on the net for throat cancer or lip cancer and that will be some encouragement to quit. Smoked and dipped for years. Watch my dad die of lung cancer, quit smoking. Had a gland in my jaw swell up. Doc said possible precancerous growth. Quit chewing.

Quitting smoking was a breeze compared to quitting dipping. To this day, I haven't dipped in 8 years, when I smell Skoal, I still want a chew.

SULPHITE
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Please lets try to keep the comments to expected goals and tips on reaching these goals.

jchief
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry, didn't realize what forum this was in.

Big Flounder
01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
My grandfather got cancer in his gums from dipping and lost his bottom lip. I am now 12 days SMOKE FREE and feeling good. According to the Wi Fit I am dropping a few lbs too.

huntin fool
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
My grandfather got cancer in his gums from dipping and lost his bottom lip. I am now 12 days SMOKE FREE and feeling good. According to the Wi Fit I am dropping a few lbs too.

My dad has been doing pretty good with quiting smoking. Im glad.

SULPHITE
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Sorry, didn't realize what forum this was in.

I thought about what I posted not what I meant by any means...

No jchief your comment is very valid tobacco is bad stuff no matter how you cut it...I am just as guilty. But instead of bragging about it lets try to help people who do not want to use tabacco any more!!

jchief
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I thought about what I posted not what I meant by any means...

No jchief your comment is very valid tobacco is bad stuff no matter how you cut it...I am just as guilty. But instead of bragging about it lets try to help people who do not want to use tabacco any more!!

Well, I can tell you that the gum helped me quit somking and I went through 3 of the 5 lbs bags of peppermints from Sam's to kick the Skoal habit. Very tough habit to break. I believe one thing you need to be aware of is the "triggers" that make you want to smoke or chew and try to avoid them or do something else to break it.

good luck to everyone out there trying to quit.

fritz20
05-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Just a little update....

I have dropped 28lbs since making this post. I am lifting weights 3 times per week and running 2 times per week. My diet is pretty solid, but I am not getting crazy with it. If I want to eat something unhealthy, I do. High protein, reduced fat, reduced carbs, little to no sugar has been the ticket for me. I have put on a ton of muscle mass and experienced great strength gains. The only supps I take are fish oil, a multivitamin, and protein post-workout. Hopefully I can stick with it!!

longsidelandry
05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Good job man! My wife and I started P90X on Monday. She's doing the WeightWatchers diet and I'm mostly just eating alot less and watching what I eat a little more than before. It doesn't take much for me to start shedding weight but I always seem to fall off after a few weeks. This time is different though, we're going to the beach in August and I'll be damn if I'm gonna be the fat kid on the beach lol.

PUREBAY2200
05-13-2010, 01:04 PM
hey guys, im seein how alot of you have kicked tobacco to the curve..... i have thought of stopping dipping a few times, but never made it a goal. if i go a day without it its all i think about. what are some good tips to help me stop.
i mainly dip when i driving, fishin, golf, hunting and after meals.
problem is i drive 700-1000 miles a week. fish most every weekend and play 1 a week and eat 3-4 meals a day.
so i need some ways to get me not thinkin bout takin a dip.....
i dont wanna loose my lip / jaw. and i know this will also drop my premimum for my life insurance by half and helth insurance by .25%.

goldenrod
05-13-2010, 01:10 PM
hey guys, im seein how alot of you have kicked tobacco to the curve..... i have thought of stopping dipping a few times, but never made it a goal. if i go a day without it its all i think about. what are some good tips to help me stop.
i mainly dip when i driving, fishin, golf, hunting and after meals.
problem is i drive 700-1000 miles a week. fish most every weekend and play 1 a week and eat 3-4 meals a day.
so i need some ways to get me not thinkin bout takin a dip.....
i dont wanna loose my lip / jaw. and i know this will also drop my premimum for my life insurance by half and helth insurance by .25%.
pm ducktrickster, he just quit and had a tough time.

Jordan
05-13-2010, 01:12 PM
i been trying to shed the dipping also.... i dip a roll (5 cans) in about 2-3 days..

jaclyn.renea
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
i been trying to shed the dipping also.... i dip a roll (5 cans) in about 2-3 days..

Trying... my ***.

fritz20
05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
If you are trying to quit dipping or smoking I would strongly suggest using the patch or some other type of nicotine therapy. When you wean yourself off nicotine it makes it much easier to quit. I quit dipping 2 years ago and smoking just over 1 year ago. Quitting dipping wasn't bad cause I was still smoking, but quitting smoking was really tough. I used the patch and followed the directions exactly like they were printed and I have not had a cigarette since. Don't take any shortcuts or mess around with this stuff, just do it exactly how it was intended to be done!!!

SaltyShaw
01-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Bout to try the gum or patch myself I hate waking up feeling all blah with a cough from the last smoke of the night!