PDA

View Full Version : Lacassine?

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
haven't been to lacassine in about 1 1/2 months. read the generic report that never changes in the american press on thursday, but i question it's validity. any reports on bass, bream, or white perch would be appreciated.

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I dont have a boat small enough to fish the pool, but i have been in the back. Streeters has some pretty water coming out of the marsh, few bass and goggleye there. If you go all the way to intracoastal, hang a right and go twords lake meziere thru snake bayou, and go down the pipeline.. about halfway down the water gets really pretty. Bring alot of white/chartruse spinner baits. and shiners with corks... and be prepaired to fill ya ice chest with shoupick and goggle eye and bass... and some some worms with bream hook for bream..

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 01:57 PM
thanks. i've hunted in that area, but never fished. we have always entered the marsh by foot from the lake misiere side. i know where the pipeline is on the west end at misiere, but i have never been in from the other side. may have to try it. ain't nothing wrong with catching some choupique to test your equipment.

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 02:07 PM
thanks. i've hunted in that area, but never fished. we have always entered the marsh by foot from the lake misiere side. i know where the pipeline is on the west end at misiere, but i have never been in from the other side. may have to try it. ain't nothing wrong with catching some choupique to test your equipment.

Kinda shallow if you come in from the pipeline from the west side.... enter from the east side..

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
i didn't know that you could enter from the west side? it looks like they have some old rollers, but i ain't puttin' anything i own over them. i am assuming the best way to go would be to launch in lowery, and enter in from that way? can you enter the pipeline canal with a bayboat, or do you need a flatbottom to go that way? how far of a boat ride is that from lowery?

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
i didn't know that you could enter from the west side? it looks like they have some old rollers, but i ain't puttin' anything i own over them. i am assuming the best way to go would be to launch in lowery, and enter in from that way? can you enter the pipeline canal with a bayboat, or do you need a flatbottom to go that way? how far of a boat ride is that from lowery?

Its a good ways from Lowry... I would use Heberts if you on that side. its about 4 miles closer.

I didnt know you could get in the west side either. I always kicked mud when i got close. (i always went there with my bass boat to).

Be carefull in that lake before snake bayou... im sure you already know its shallow..

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 02:24 PM
hebert's? i have no idea where that is. also, i don't know anything about "the lake". are you referring to the mouth of grand lake where it hits the intracoastal? i am a little familiar with misere from running it durinig duck season, but not real familiar. is there anything to be concerned with when entering misere from the intracoastal?

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
hebert's? i have no idea where that is. also, i don't know anything about "the lake". are you referring to the mouth of grand lake where it hits the intracoastal? i am a little familiar with misere from running it durinig duck season, but not real familiar. is there anything to be concerned with when entering misere from the intracoastal?

You know that north end of snake bayou? right when you get off of intracoastal to the left (if we talking about the same place)... its about .5 foot deep..

If you pass up the road to Lowry, and keep going you will have a few curvs and then you will see a big wooden sign with lacassine on it... its to the left.. its easy to find... just pass up the Myers landing road and its pretty much self explanitory..

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
check out this attachment. let me know if we are on the same page. also, was that .5 feet as in 1/2 of a foot deep? appreciate it!

elebouef
06-01-2009, 03:01 PM
It looks likse you have Gary's landing there and that is not snake bayou

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
where is snake bayou? hebert's must be further south, right?

Gerald
06-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Questiion about your map?

Where you show Heberts....I though that was Gary's landing?

Can you still ride through the lake from snake bayou up to willow island....i know it was a little shallow 20 years ago....last time I was there. I use to Bow hunt some back when the they first opened it up. Mosquitoe capital of Louisiana.

If you are fishing......I had a tip that years ago, the bank that is just under and to the east the word "pipeline" is a good place to catch bass around the trees.

One of my hunting spots was on the north side of ICWW and a little to the west of the pipeline.

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Excally what im thinking... except where you have snake bayou is wrong... thats the entrance to the lake that is really shallow... you have the line drawn for the correct path tho... you good.... snake bayou starts right after the pipeline... the one that you take to get to mesiere..

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Questiion about your map?

Where you show Heberts....I though that was Gary's landing?

Can you still ride through the lake from snake bayou up to willow island....i know it was a little shallow 20 years ago....last time I was there. I use to Bow hunt some back when the they first opened it up. Mosquitoe capital of Louisiana.

If you are fishing......I had a tip that years ago, the bank that is just under and to the east the word "pipeline" is a good place to catch bass around the trees.

One of my hunting spots was on the north side of ICWW and a little to the west of the pipeline.

Thats heberts... from what i can tell

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
what you hvae marked as heberts is garys, the pipeline canal is that the same one in lacassine that you can duck hunt on?

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
what you hvae marked as heberts is garys, the pipeline canal is that the same one in lacassine that you can duck hunt on?

THATS WHAT ITS CALLED..... GARYS....

WHY i keep calling it heberts.....???

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 03:52 PM
THATS WHAT ITS CALLED..... GARYS....

WHY i keep calling it heberts.....???

heberts is on big lake

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
i see said the blind man. i am starting to follow you now. you say that i do have the right path? is it shallow right there at the intracoastal? you said you have been in the pipeline in a bass boat. can a 19' bayboat make it? do you you need to idle through a section, or can you run through it? any stumps, etc.? are you talking about going east or the west in the pipeline?

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
i see said the blind man. i am starting to follow you now. you say that i do have the right path? is it shallow right there at the intracoastal? you said you have been in the pipeline in a bass boat. can a 19' bayboat make it? do you you need to idle through a section, or can you run through it? any stumps, etc.? are you talking about going east or the west in the pipeline?

you should fit thru it.. i made it with an 18'pinch boat. My depth showed average of 3 foot in the pipeline... I have marked the path in red on your map.. Remember there are WHITE PVC POLES marking the channel you need to stay in.... if you get out it goes from 6 foot to 2 foot to a half a foot REALLY fast... i do about 50 thru it but i know where to go... mabey idle thru it the first time with your depth finder on and your GPS tattle tale on... that way, next time you can go thru fast... there are a few stumps in that aera but you can see them.... I havent hot anything yet (except for bottom) lol..

Natural Light Kid
06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
perfect! thanks a lot!

Slidellkid
06-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Catdaddy,

Can you duck hunt right in the pipeline or do you have to move off the pipeline into the marsh? Is there a lot of standing water north of the pipeline during duck season?

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Catdaddy,

Can you duck hunt right in the pipeline or do you have to move off the pipeline into the marsh? Is there a lot of standing water north of the pipeline during duck season?

Im not to sure... you will have to ask about that one. I think if you prop the moter out the water, and set out 2 anchors you should be good.... but this is a reserve.. might have different rules

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 09:34 PM
i know this season pipeline was hunted hard. from what i seen they hunted ponds off of canal, i did here of a few who hunted on the canal itself. i'd rather have my own pond