PDA

View Full Version : cold day on the red river

QUACKHEAD
01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Went out this morning to try and duck hunt. Ice everywhere! Didn't check the termometer but it was COLD. Then on top of that the river went from high 2 days ago to about 4 feet low. Half my deeks are on the sand or mud. I use to have about 100 yards of water in front of blind, now maybe 25. Took some pics of a couple of deeks. ducks killed ZIP..ZERO... NATTA!
Total ducks that I saw 5. @ wood ducks 3 Mallards. They didn't want anything to do with us.:shaking:

Jordan
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
wow... nice photo... im making love to my pillow tomorrow morning !!!!!

meaux fishing
01-08-2010, 06:46 PM
you still planning on going sunday?

QUACKHEAD
01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
no, I think it would be better if we wait for another time Meaux, I'd hate to know you came up here just to freeze the testies. I didn't see anything that makes me feel like things will change over the next few days. I look for the water level to stay low untill they get the water north of us down, and that may take a week or so. I'll be checking the level over the next few days, If it comes back up to pool stage, I'll shoot you a PM and see if want to make it up. We'll try to get together again some time.

meaux fishing
01-08-2010, 10:21 PM
no, I think it would be better if we wait for another time Meaux, I'd hate to know you came up here just to freeze the testies. I didn't see anything that makes me feel like things will change over the next few days. I look for the water level to stay low untill they get the water north of us down, and that may take a week or so. I'll be checking the level over the next few days, If it comes back up to pool stage, I'll shoot you a PM and see if want to make it up. We'll try to get together again some time.
Ok well my schedule is pretty flexible cause im a student so im down to go whenever.... just pm me when it gets right