PDA

View Full Version : Hopedale-Secret World -Sat 5/30

redfishman
06-01-2009, 08:59 PM
One heck of a trip! Left BR at 3:00 sharp with the skiff in tow meeting 2-other couples at BSM. Good move(found out later) -went to Campo's and picked up 100 nice live shrimp(the count was more like 140 because of a few small shrimp) and 2lbs of bait shrimp for $28.00. My buddies picked up live shrimp at BSM which were at least 150 count plus with no extra's. They felt really ripped off.
Headed down the Dyke canal to MRGO following waypoints on the new GPS. They have a good set of poles marking the channel at the edge of L. Machias .
Got into MRGO and headed to 2-spots only to find 4-boats already there at each one. Could not set an anchor with the wind so we moved across the channel on the short rocks and stuck a mud pole in 5' water and started throwing shrimp under a cork. Our corks started going down immediately and we pulled 7-8 trout up in short order. My buddies were anchored approx 100 yds apart -but were only getting a couple. We moved a couple of times to find them up managed to bring in 4 after 2 hrs. Enough of that- we moved up pass the Dyke canal cut and fished some birds drifting and got a bunch of 10" trout until a SOB in a huge off shore boat came barrelling up into our drift and stopped the bite.
We met the other boats in Lake Machias -where there was nothing going on and decided to give them a "ride" down Bayou Pisana to Bayou Bernard. Went to"Red's pond "and immediately got on the reds-black drum. Water was high enough -so we were throwing into the canes and they were exploding.
Headed to the runout that the Mrs.and I fished 2-weeks ago caught several rat's and left going up bayou Bernard.

While we were in the pond- had 3 dudes blast up on us. They were "cacaless" because they were lost-.. They were trying to get back to BSM-no map-no GPS- no compass- no service on cell phones-first time out- and practically out of fuel. Told them how to get back up bayou Bernard. Offered they could follow us back -but we were still fishing. Impatient- they took off the opposite direction toward L of Second Trees and disappeared.Haven't read about them in the paper yet....

Back at BSM we witnessed an ice truck back into a 24' Triton t-top . The dudes had the rig parked in the middle of the road- but apparently were pretty drunk and started screaming Holy .... what the .... oh ..... as they just watched the truck slowly back into the motor. Some other guys were laughing their Arse off which aggravated the situation... Interesting trip....... I'm gonna write a book one day.....

Anyway--We ended up with 11 trout -6 reds-2 black drum 1-gafftop(under the birds) after 49.7 miles in the skiff. The Mrs.'s back is out on her and she has given me an ultimatum.....GET A BIGGER BOAT!!! and Don't ever take her back to the rocks again. She is perfectly happy to fish Lake Robin- and the Secret World only 10 minutes from the launch. Can't wait until the fall when we can go to 1-qt lake and load up.

bigdog
06-01-2009, 09:35 PM
:welcome: RED I glade you made here..

redfishman
06-01-2009, 09:50 PM
:welcome: RED I glade you made here..

Thanks---good to see some "reel" folks again ....let's hook up sometime!!!!

bigdog
06-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks---good to see some "reel" folks again ....let's hook up sometime!!!!

Did someone say Bungle....!:*****: