PDA

View Full Version : know a good gunsmith?

Is it October YET?
01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know a good gunsmith anywhere from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. My dad just got hooked on hunting bought himself a Mossberg 100atr. It has a heavy trigger so I want to get the trigger poundage adjusted for him. I live in Luling but would be willing to travel to get it done right. Thanks in advance for the help.

QUACKHEAD
01-15-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/489623/site_id/1#import

Link to a post where a guy adjusted his ATR trigger. Might help.

I have the 270 ATR and love it. No problem with the trigger. I don't knoe the pressure needed to pull it but it's good for me.

simplepeddler
01-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Reynerson's
I think off Hooper road by the Baton Rouge airport.
Rumor is he is the best trigger man around

Is it October YET?
01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
I appreciate the info. Thank you.

wtretrievers
01-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Reynerson's
I think off Hooper road by the Baton Rouge airport.
Rumor is he is the best trigger man around
X10! He also runs the gunsmithing dept at Bowies.

Firesafety3
02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
I bought the Mossberg ATR for my son in .270. I figured I would be a little economical on his first deer rifle.

I broke it down, cleaned it, and headed off to the country for a sight-in.

The doggone think shot MOA right out of the box! Grouping a bit under 1" at 100 yards. That was a couple of years ago and he shot his first deer, a 7 point, in November the same year.

The trigger was a bit heavy but nothing unpleasant or would affect accuracy.

FF_T_Warren
02-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I bought the Mossberg ATR for my son in .270. I figured I would be a little economical on his first deer rifle.

I broke it down, cleaned it, and headed off to the country for a sight-in.

The doggone think shot MOA right out of the box! Grouping a bit under 1" at 100 yards. That was a couple of years ago and he shot his first deer, a 7 point, in November the same year.

The trigger was a bit heavy but nothing unpleasant or would affect accuracy.

what MOA? .75,.5, .25?