PDA

View Full Version : Possible upgrades to boat

bohunterbiff
01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Boat:
18' Xpress HDCCF Center Console Bay boat with 90 Yamaha TLR 2-Stroke.

Here is what I am looking to do:
Jack plate and Bennett Trim Tabs

Has anyone had experience with the Bennett Trim Tabs? Would the possible performance upgrade be worth the cost for either the tabs or the jackplate? What size jackplate?

Just looking for experiences and/or opinions while researching before spending the cash.

LaAngler
01-17-2010, 12:00 PM
6" lift plate, hydraulic, bobs machine shop

lenco electric tabs.....

this set up is worth it's weight in gold and you will NOT regret it at any point

adamsfence
01-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I have a 90 on a 18' blue wave I have often wondered if a jackplate would help my performance also

Montauk17
01-17-2010, 12:46 PM

lenco electric tabs.....

this set up is worth it's weight in gold and you will NOT regret it at any point

You hit the nail on the head :work:

fishinpox
01-17-2010, 12:47 PM
i have a hd 20 a 6in jack plate will be my next purchase, so far i have added a 36v T.M. and a power pole ----best thing in my mind i could have added

bohunterbiff
01-17-2010, 12:51 PM

lenco electric tabs.....

Thanks.....will look into Lenco and where is Bob's Machine Shop?

LaAngler
01-17-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.bobsmachine.com/

i dont have an agenda to push these, but i have one on my big lake boat and love it

I can put the tabs down just a touch come up on the jack plate 2 inches and trim out a little and hold the nose of the boat up but still dampens the chop while maintaining speed.

Also tabs all the way down and jackplate all the way up, trim all the way down, for shallow water holeshots. big big difference, did i say big?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftLkq4hJDoY

Reel Bender
01-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks.....will look into Lenco and where is Bob's Machine Shop?

They are out of Florida, you can order online. I have had Bob's and the other, I have had the best luck with Bob's.

Ray
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Bennet trim tabs are probably better cause they have been in business so long and have
great customer satifaction, but Lenco react a lot faster and easier to install.
I have a set of 30 year old Bennets on my Chris Craft and they never had any work done
on them.
I have the Lenco's on my bay boat, them things work a lot faster than anything I ever
seen. I think they are about the best for a small boat.

speck-chaser
01-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Lenco are some great tabs. Its a must in a good chop,unless you like take a beating. I used to be 6',but only 5'7" now from all of the pounding through the years.lol Wit dem tabs,I been holding my own for going on 9 yrs. now.lol

Speck Attack
01-17-2010, 07:49 PM

lenco electric tabs.....

Yes Sir:D, you will not be disappointed in the performance. I am running a 10" Bob's hydraulic jack with Lenco tab. Sweet setup for my 24' Blazer Bay:smokin:.