PDA

View Full Version : Deer Jerky

longsidelandry
01-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Well I finally tried my hand at making some deer jerky and I have to say that it turned out pretty darn good. The guys at the office loved it and want me to make some more for them to take home! I'll start trying some different spices and rubs for different flavors. If I can get a bunch of meat this weekend, I'll save some and make a bunch for the fishing tournament.

wtretrievers
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm gonna send my boys to your house & yall can just have a jerky making party! They make it all the time. They take the racks out of the oven & prepare everything in the bath tub!:shaking: At least the mess is easy to clean up!

longsidelandry
01-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna send my boys to your house & yall can just have a jerky making party! They make it all the time. They take the racks out of the over & prepare everything in the bath tub!:shaking: At least the mess is easy to clean up!
lol my wife would kill me if I would start preparing meat in the tub!!! I'll definately be keeping alot of meat this weekend just to use for jerky. I wanna try all different flavers to see which one I like best.

SULPHITE
01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
lol my wife would kill me if I would start preparing meat in the tub!!! I'll definately be keeping alot of meat this weekend just to use for jerky. I wanna try all different flavers to see which one I like best.

No kidding!!! I could see her walking into the bathroom and there would be blood, meat, and seasoning all over the place...she would have a **** fit!!

adamsfence
01-18-2010, 03:10 PM
what did you use to marinate?

longsidelandry
01-18-2010, 03:17 PM
what did you use to marinate?
A lil bit of everything in the fridge and cabinet. I just seasoned the meat like I would when I bbq, just grabbed all kind of seasoning and threw it all in the sink. I was really testing it out to see how long it would take but my next round will be with different marinades so I can get a few different tastes out of the batch.

adamsfence
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I did some a while back in some italian dressing made it pretty sweet.....you have to be carefull and measure and write it down cause i made some perfect one time just how i like it and i can't never get it to taste that way again

longsidelandry
01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I never follow a recipe when I marinate the meat, everytime is different, I just kinda taste it as I add something to it. I'll probably follow a couple of the recipes I got online just to see how they taste then modify them to how I want it to taste...more pepper, sweeter, jalapeno's, things like that.

Gottogo49
01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I know a guy who butchered a hog in a bath tub. He's not married to the same lady any more.