PDA

View Full Version : Boiled peanuts?

06-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Any one have a good spicy recipe?

eman
06-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I boil at least one if not more sack of peanuts to freeze every year. I just season em the same as i do crawfish.
I use the big goobers and usually soak them in the boiling pot overnight , Change the water , Add 1 pkg crab boil, 3 oz liquid boil. bring to a boil and boil till done. The big peanuts can take a while .(hours)
Let soak till you like the flavor.
The small peanuts are easier and faster to boil.
If you just want to do small batchs , Invest in a pressure cooker . You can do boiled peanuts in a pressure cooker in a few min.

Hebert
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
i use louisiana brand powdered boil...love me some spicy green boiled peanuts! also throw some ham hocks in there too...puts a good flavor on them...

06-03-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm in Houston and I'm not real sure where to find green peanuts. Will the roasted ones work or not? I fell in love with them going to races at Talladega and every corner store over there has them.

eman
06-03-2009, 01:26 PM
You need green peanuts to do them right.
I have heard of folks boiling the raw in the shell(dry) peanuts but I won't.

eman
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I bet if you can find a fruit / vegetable mkt. they can get em if they don't have em.
Also check w/ the produce mgr at your local market. Not wally world but a local grocery store. he can order them for you.
The peanuts are not out yet but i will try to remember to let you know when the harvest starts.

06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I bet if you can find a fruit / vegetable mkt. they can get em if they don't have em.
Also check w/ the produce mgr at your local market. Not wally world but a local grocery store. he can order them for you.
The peanuts are not out yet but i will try to remember to let you know when the harvest starts.

Thanks! I've got a mom and pop grocery store here by the house and I'll ask them.