PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu???

"W"
05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Do you think America is overreacting or doing the right thing? Three kids in New York were confirmed with the virus and they closed down the whole school system and sports!! Only 200 cases in the US, that to me is a small number compared to the population!!!:confused:

LittleRob
05-04-2009, 05:29 PM
More people die from the regular flu like 50,000 a year and 200 cases and 1 death i think the new media is BLOWINg it out of proportion

yak'em-n-stack'em
05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
37000 a year in the US die.

The media has been instructed by "mr nOBAMA" to take peoples attention off the terrible job he is doing on fixing the nation

yak'em-n-stack'em
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I personally wish i could catch swine flu so i can prove to the world its not that bad.

IT IS THE FLU

"W"
05-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I personally wish i could catch swine flu so i can prove to the world its not that bad.

IT IS THE FLU

LMAO....I think Hunting Fool has IT

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
:*****: Im gonna post my opinion of the swine flu in the mudslinging room. check it out there

hangemhigh
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I went to the doctor yesterday with flu syptoms. They tested me in the office for swine flu and I was negative. They still did another swab test and sent it to the state. I'm on day 2 of staying home and I feel like crap. It started Saturday night at the camp.....I have had worst bugs then this....this has been mild, but again...I feel like crap.. To make matter worst, I sneezed last night and pulled a muscle so bad just below my ribs that it hurts to breath.,..Imagine coughing....imagine have a chest full of congestion....with this muscle. I've been on a heating pad all day.. I'm ready to take a gun and put myself out of misery....(kidding of course) The doctor wants me to stay home the rest of the week....but it hard for her to force me too when I check out negative.....but something is giving me a low fever, cough, aches, etc..etc.

InfamousJ
05-05-2009, 02:20 PM
FWIW, here is a reason given to us at work in the Texas Medical Center..

School Closures
More K-12 school closures are expected, even if the relative number of flu cases are small. CDC currently recommends the closure of a school if there is one confirmed case in that school. The length of time that school would remain closed depends on the extent and severity of flu in the affected school.

Health officials consider K-12 schools to be at higher risk for transmission of disease than schools of higher education because of the ways in which younger children interact, they're less-developed sense of personal hygiene habits and the constancy of daily close interaction.
Children do tend to put fingers in mouths, touch everything, share alot of things.. etc. More risk for spreading the flu quicker, but in the end, this thing is proven to just be a mild flu as said in this following text sent as well at work:

What we know as of 5-3-2009: information from the School of Public Health Rapid Response Team (which works closely with the city and county health departments) reports:

40 confirmed cases in Texas
3 confirmed in the Houston area
An estimated 20 more cases of suspected or probable cases in Houston, awaiting confirmatory testing
An estimated 5 more cases of suspected or probable cases in Harris County, awaiting confirmatory testing
1,500 samples have been sent to the City Health Department for testing
The good news is that the flu itself appears to be relatively mild but contagious, with a significant potential for spreading. At this point, community containment strategies are focused on places where children congregate, such as schools, because in situations like these, children are recognized to be the “engine of transmission”. This is not due to any particular susceptibility, but rather they are less likely to maintain rigorous hygiene habits.

Hackberry Hustler
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
This swine flu is ridiculous. I think the media just doesnt have anything better to talk about. Nothing is going on overseas at the moment, and they are tired of talking about NOBAMA!

InfamousJ
05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
just said on the news that the CDC is not recommending school closings now, just be cautious.. LMAO what a main stream media panic event that was... douchebag liberals at their finest hour.

hangemhigh
05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
testing stuff... I can't get my pic to stick..???

JB1
05-08-2009, 07:48 AM
What cure is there for regular Flu???? OHHHH, that's right, there isn't one. So why is this strain different from the others?????

Just another over-reaction from the liberal media to keep us all scared to death and glued to the news stations.

huntin fool
08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
A bunch of kids in schools are sick with flu syptoms...like 3 kids in 2 different schools in LC has "confirmed cases" of swine flu... been telling them kids to stay away from me...back back gimmme 50 feet!

slick143
08-27-2009, 08:41 PM
:help:Just my opinion. the goverment wants to scare you into depending on them. Obama sucks:help::cool:

southern151
08-27-2009, 08:43 PM
It has been reported that more people die annually due to the "common" flu than have died from swine flu. I do agree that it's a serious deal(like regular flu is) but, the media loves to sell blood, guts and gore. This is a weak attempt at finding gore.

If you consider it, it's great for the media. How many times have you heard, "And for more symptoms or details, log on to our website." Companies advertise on their sites and buy on hits. In other words they buy, say 10,000 hits worth of advertising...If the station can instill panic and fear, 10,000 hits are gone within a few hours thus making their site look attractive to more advertisers....

Just my two cents.

eman
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
They test for type a flu at a docs office. The CDC has to determin if it's h1 n1 flu.
Thet are not sending test to the CDC from la. anymore. They say if you test positive for type A to treat it as swine flu.
tami flu if ya can as soon as ya feel it coming on . The BIG thing is to STAY HOME from school or work till ya have been symptom free for at least 24 hours.

huntin fool
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM
They test for type a flu at a docs office. The CDC has to determin if it's h1 n1 flu.
Thet are not sending test to the CDC from la. anymore. They say if you test positive for type A to treat it as swine flu.
tami flu if ya can as soon as ya feel it coming on . The BIG thing is to STAY HOME from school or work till ya have been symptom free for at least 24 hours.

thats the thing kids come to school just because that don't cough as much anymore..but they sure do start coughing ,etc. when they get to school a BUNCH!!

Hebert
08-28-2009, 05:57 AM
"never waste a good crisis".....Rahm Emanuel....Obama's chief of staff