PDA

View Full Version : free pitbull

LaAngler
02-02-2010, 11:22 PM
free pitbull, 1 or 2 years old, needs good home

buddy found him cannot keep, very nice dog

Dink
02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Where's he at? Who has him? Call me tomorrow...

Dink
02-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Nate (not cousin)needs a dog n his life.......call him too

cmdrost
02-03-2010, 10:10 AM
put the dog down......useless breed imo. Danger to society.

Dink
02-03-2010, 10:58 AM
put the dog down......useless breed imo. Danger to society.

IMO. .....that's ignorant.......great dogs, sometimes abused

longsidelandry
02-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I feel the same way, a dog will act the way it is raised. My inlaws have a pit that stays in the house and I've never been around an easier dog to get along with.

LaAngler
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
They are still dangerous to other dogs if they get loose. i know of one raised up right, really gently since a pup. She got loose and tore a small dog to shreds

longsidelandry
02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
They are still dangerous to other dogs if they get loose. i know of one raised up right, really gently since a pup. She got loose and tore a small dog to shreds
My inlaws also have a puggle in the house with the pit and he has no problems with him. We have also had other dogs in the house with him and he has never done anything.

Fishmaster
02-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Most of them just have that in them, the reason they were bred.. They all can just snap.. My aunt had two of them and I use to play with them all the time, Well when I was twelve I was over there throwing a ball like we did all the time, I was getting the ball from it's mouth and it just started freaking out biting me then the other one came to help him out.. End of story I had a broken right arm and over 100 stitches then had to get phical therapy... I would never get one! Still sketchy when I go around other ones...

huntin fool
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Any dog can be "aggresive" majority of the time pitbull's are way over aggressive with other dogs/people/cows/bruce's hogs etc.

Go drop it off at FEMA, im sure one of the ppl walking in will adopt him

cmdrost
02-03-2010, 04:54 PM

respectfully disagree. That dog is just bred to snap. Can happen at any time. Dangerous breed. I've heard the horror stories 1st hand of them snapping on children. There is a big reason the City of Sulphur passed an ordinance to keep them out of the city limits.

huntin fool
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
respectfully disagree. That dog is just bred to snap. Can happen at any time. Dangerous breed. I've heard the horror stories 1st hand of them snapping on children. There is a big reason the City of Sulphur passed an ordinance to keep them out of the city limits.

so nobody in sulphur can own a pit?

fishinpox
02-03-2010, 05:09 PM
i have seen pits snap for w/o being provoked but 99.9% of the time they do snap, when you look at how they were raised and trained explains it. any dog can snap at any time but the thing about pit bulls is their strength when they do snap it not a pretty scene.. compare a pit bull to a ford mustang 5.0 and a golden retriever to a ford focus the mustang is powerful as it is so if you were gonna build a car to race which one would you start off building from the mustang or the focus. its simple the mustang because of its power same case with dogs asreholes out there train these powerful dogs to fight, protect drug houses or simply neglect them by leaving them chained to a tree in the back yard with close to zero human interaction. same with a human if you teach them certain behaviors are acceptable then they dont know any other way to act. i have a pit bull and its great we have never had ANY problems with him we take him to the dog park and there has been dog fights break out there but our dog stays out of it as do most of the pits Ive seen there, it is usually the ankle biters that cause all the problems. the loyalty these dogs have is amazing

SULPHITE
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Bruce sorry...but my buddy had one in college...its chewing toy was a frickin bowling ball...not kidding and it was wearing that sucker down too...we had parties and the dog probably "may" have ingested some "party favors" too. Really stupid but thankfully it didn't hurt him or anything.

The dogs demeanor was great...cool dog, but I was always nervous around it. It could jump a hurricane fence with ease and could bite on a toy latch on and my friend would swing it around like a ceiling fan! He jumped the fence one day and was never seen again.

BA-IV
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM
A dog is a direct reflection of its owner...now a stray coming up like that is hard to determine, but a pit raised from a puppy is just like any other dog someone raises. It's unfair to throw a bad rep on a pit just because of what another dog from the same group did. I have raised cur dogs all my life and have seen two get old and completely snap and lose all common sense, but I don't base my other dogs off of them...Just my .02

Sea-Trac Offshore
06-05-2010, 03:41 PM
When I was about 14 a lady in my parents neighborhood had one that was sweet as can be and she would walk it all the time. One day another man walking his little mixed breed was on the other side the street and the pit pulled loose from the lady. in a matter of min the pit had the little dogs throat almost pulled completely out and just kept thrashing it as the man kept trying to get the dog off it. A man 2 doors down heard the noise and screaming and came out with a pistol and ended that with 2 shots to the pit. Makes me think what if that was me with one of my young boys? The dog would get the bullet first and then the owner would be next if my boys got hurt.

FF_T_Warren
06-05-2010, 03:51 PM
When I was about 14 a lady in my parents neighborhood had one that was sweet as can be and she would walk it all the time. One day another man walking his little mixed breed was on the other side the street and the pit pulled loose from the lady. in a matter of min the pit had the little dogs throat almost pulled completely out and just kept thrashing it as the man kept trying to get the dog off it. A man 2 doors down heard the noise and screaming and came out with a pistol and ended that with 2 shots to the pit. Makes me think what if that was me with one of my young boys? The dog would get the bullet first and then the owner would be next if my boys got hurt.

Heard many similar stories. Normal fine acting "family" pits that just snap one day.

That's like catching a baby wolf and raising it to be sweet and being shocked when it attacks your lil dog or cat and kills it. It's in their blood it ain't just how you raise em

Ray
06-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I had one in high school. I used her to hunt snapping turtles.
She killed many cats and nutria, but never fought another dog or snapped at anyone.

I have family in Sulphur who have one. So Sulphur didn't put them all out yet. This is one of the ones that scare you.

BA-IV
06-05-2010, 06:32 PM
It all boils down to personal experiences...everyone has different ones and thats what a person is gonna go off of. Personally I wouldn't judge a breed off of one or two dogs actions.