PDA

View Full Version : Power Pole Pro vs Sportsman

meaux fishing
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I really want to get a power pole before the summer and I was looking You can get the Sportsman with remote for about $400 less than the Pro. Anybody know the difference between the two other than color?

Dink
02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Standard duty vs. Heavy duty

Ray
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Some guy had a cheap looking knock off at the Houston Boat Show. Not as nice looking as the Power Pole, but same basic principle.

jchief
02-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I have heard from guys that the remote is awsome and it comes on the Pro not the Sportsman

all star rod
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Not sure about the two different brands; however, I heard that you should not get the power pole without the remote feature.

meaux fishing
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
my understanding is the pro does not come with the remote it is just remote ready. With the sportsman you have to buy something to make it remote ready but it still comes out cheaper than buying a pro setup with remote

jchief
02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.power-pole.com/pages/faq.htm

You are correct Meaux. did not read far enough

fishinpox
02-05-2010, 08:51 PM
my understanding is the pro does not come with the remote it is just remote ready. With the sportsman you have to buy something to make it remote ready but it still comes out cheaper than buying a pro setup with remote

i have one on my boat remote is key!! we just put another one on the boat we are fishing the sfa series with check around we got the 8ft w/stealth pump and remotes for very very cheap power pole has a promotion going on that allows dealers to sell 2 units at a heavily discounted price just shop around. ill keep my ears open , used ones in great shape come up all the timw but get snagged very quick

meaux fishing
02-06-2010, 01:11 AM
i have one on my boat remote is key!! we just put another one on the boat we are fishing the sfa series with check around we got the 8ft w/stealth pump and remotes for very very cheap power pole has a promotion going on that allows dealers to sell 2 units at a heavily discounted price just shop around. ill keep my ears open , used ones in great shape come up all the timw but get snagged very quick
yeah let me know

calcutta37
02-06-2010, 09:53 PM
i have a brand new powerpole pro series with remote kit i need to sell lost my job i will show you the total that i paid all i want is 1,700 i bought it for more than that.

wtretrievers
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I've had a P/P for over 2 years. Don't if I could function without it now! Get it with the remote!!!!!! I've gone & left my remote & was freakin lost without it! It stays in waterproof box in my console now. You won't regret it.

Montauk17
02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
We have installed both the pro and sportsman model at work. I would spend the extra money on the pro,the sportsman looked pretty cheap.

jsmoke222000
02-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I recently stumbled upon a good deal on a new Power Pole. I am getting the 8' Pro with 2 wireless remotes & the adapter plate for $1700. Jerrys Marine wants $2000 without the adapter plate & Lake area Marine wants $2400. Considering the local prices I didn't think that $1700 for everything was too bad of a deal. I can't wait to get it on my boat.

Sea-Trac Offshore
02-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Go with the pro and you will be happy. The Stealth pump is the ticket as its heavier duty and much quieter. Also the pro is powder coated and the sportsman is anodized. The powder coated pro looks better after prolonged use. You also definitely want the remotes! I would be lost without them. I have installed tons of them over the years and I have never heard anyone talk bad about them after they used them. Great investment for quick quiet anchoring

jsmoke222000
02-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah, the $1700 was for an 8' Pro with stealth pump, 2 wireless remotes & adapter plate.

I agree the stealth pump is much quieter & deploys faster.

LPfishnTIM
02-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Has anyone ever heard of a STAY PUT POLE? its an easy design and much cheaper!

http://stay-put-fishing.com/power-pole-anchor/index.html

Sea-Trac Offshore
02-27-2010, 11:55 PM
It looks like a fancy spud pole setup like on the mudboats.

speck-chaser
02-28-2010, 12:03 AM
that looks pretty neat.

jsmoke222000
03-08-2010, 03:46 AM
My Power Pole will be in tomorrow. When I was shopping around for mine, everyone that had one on their boat told me 2 things. Get the remotes & get an adapter plate. I took their advice & got both of those accessories. I just wasn't crazy about drilling 4 holes in the transom of my new boat!

Is the adapter plate supposed to be more stable than mounting to the transom or is it just to keep you from having to drill the holes? The adapter plate cost me $150, but not having to drill the holes was worth that much to me. Anyone have any feedback on the adapter plates?

I'll post pics of mine when I get it on the boat. I'm hoping to get it installed Friday afternoon. We will see if that works out or not.