PDA

View Full Version : bearings?

Ducktrickster
02-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Made a little review of my tackle yesterday and I need to change some bearings in two reels. Any suggestions on which bearings I should buy?

speckdaddy
02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Depending on the brand of reels ya use. I recommend a ceramic with stainless housing. You can go full ceramic but you will pay much money.

Ducktrickster
02-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Depending on the brand of reels ya use. I recommend a ceramic with stainless housing. You can go full ceramic but you will pay much money.

I was thinking hybrid ceramic but which brand or model do tou recomend? Both reels are calcuttas.... A 100 and a 250. Also, should I replace the spool bushing with a bearing?

Gottogo49
02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Where can you get hybrid ceramics?

speckdaddy
02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I was thinking hybrid ceramic but which brand or model do tou recomend? Both reels are calcuttas.... A 100 and a 250. Also, should I replace the spool bushing with a bearing?
wow!! those bad boys are expensive.check out this placewww.vxb.com

Ducktrickster
02-07-2010, 02:31 PM
wow!! those bad boys are expensive.check out this placewww.vxb.com

Yes they are high. I've been reading and see good things about boca orange seals but they are $16 a piece. Was looking for a cheaper alternative but don't want junk either.

speckdaddy
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes they are high. I've been reading and see good things about boca orange seals but they are $16 a piece. Was looking for a cheaper alternative but don't want junk either.
i agree the more quality bearings out there are expensive,but they are worth it if ya really wanna supertune.lemme know whatcha decide

Ducktrickster
02-08-2010, 04:02 PM
i agree the more quality bearings out there are expensive,but they are worth it if ya really wanna supertune.lemme know whatcha decide

I ordered the boca orange seals for one reel..will let you know the results.

Ducktrickster
02-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Put the bocas in my 10 year old calcutta 250. Didn't want to screw up a curado that is fine like it is. Rigged on a 6 ft medium heavy all star. Tied on a 1/4 ounce jighead no plastic. I could cast 35-40 yards. I was somewhat impressed and I think I'll put them in all my reels. Only drawback is the racket the ceramics make. I think I can get used to it though.

speckdaddy
02-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Put the bocas in my 10 year old calcutta 250. Didn't want to screw up a curado that is fine like it is. Rigged on a 6 ft medium heavy all star. Tied on a 1/4 ounce jighead no plastic. I could cast 35-40 yards. I was somewhat impressed and I think I'll put them in all my reels. Only drawback is the racket the ceramics make. I think I can get used to it though.
yep they are noisy.just ordered full ceramics for one of my curados can you say540 bux!!!!!

longsidelandry
02-13-2010, 08:31 PM
yep they are noisy.just ordered full ceramics for one of my curados can you say540 bux!!!!!
:eek: And that's just for some parts to a reel????

all star rod
02-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Dang you could of got 2 Core's from W for that price!!!:*****:

Ducktrickster
02-14-2010, 09:39 AM

I can and I'm sure you will like them. That's about $39.95 more than I can spend on bearings. Let me know if you can cast from Commissary to the washout and I may put some on lay a way.

speckdaddy
02-14-2010, 01:25 PM
I can and I'm sure you will like them. That's about $39.95 more than I can spend on bearings. Let me know if you can cast from Commissary to the washout and I may put some on lay a way.
no, this is actually a test run. this will show that 120 second free spool video how ta do it.lol if this works,like i know it will, these curados should ,with the proper care, last a lifetime.or till w gives me his cores ...lol