PDA

View Full Version : HomeMade Baits

"W"
02-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I got to BS with the guy on a Florida website over the past few weeks....Come to find out he is a bait maker!

He is sending me 15 homemade baits for me to try out on LA trout!

All he asked was to get some pics with the baits!!;) He sales these baits from $20-$30 per bait.....

He would not let me pay him!!!

That needle fish bait will be a killer!!! Big Trout love them needles..:D

calcutta37
02-11-2010, 10:39 AM
are they made out of wood?

Salty
02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
I got to BS with the guy on a Florida website over the past few weeks....Come to find out he is a bait maker!

All he asked was to get some pics with the baits!!;) He sales these baits from $20-$30 per bait.....

That needle fish bait will be a killer!!! Big Trout love them needles..:D

Who wants to catch needle fish?:eek:

Ray
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM
In the 3rd picture, all the way to the right, tiger striped lure. Tsunami makes one just like that. Got one in the tackle bag, but it don't have the propeller on the back of it.

Raymond
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Guess that would make you a "MasterBaiter" then:shaking:

cmdrost
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't pay $20 - $30 for any trout bait!!!

huntin fool
02-11-2010, 05:14 PM
wow. HOw many lies you tell him?

Photo shop one of Solari's pictures?

2ndamendment
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
W you did not tell him you owned Big lake did you?

"W"
02-11-2010, 05:30 PM
wow. HOw many lies you tell him?

Photo shop one of Solari's pictures?

W you did not tell him you owned Big lake did you?

How much BS you think I had to talk to get 15 free baits that are worth 20 per bait:D:D:D

Should be in Mail today!!!!:smokin:

Salty
02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't pay $20 - $30 for any trout bait except a Corky.!!!

fixed it.

all star rod
02-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Move over Corkeys, looks like you have just been replaced!!!:*****:
Dang W, you change favorite baits more than you change your favorite PRO & College team!:*****:

longsidelandry
02-11-2010, 09:07 PM
More BS than we all on here can imagine and that is about 40 18 wheelers:*****:
That's ALOT of BS

meaux fishing
02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
at least 40...that sounds like the lower end estimate

Salty
02-11-2010, 09:54 PM

I have the conversation right here. I've corrected all W's spelling to make it easier to read:

Florida guy - "So, you saltwater fish alot?"

W - "Yep. I work for NASA so I can geaux pretty much any time."

Florida guy - "I'm an avid angler, also. Where do you do most of your fishing?"

W - "I own a lake in southwest Louisiana. I named it Big Lake. What is your favorite bait?"

Florida guy - "I make my own baits. It's a huge rush knowing that you fooled a trout or red on a homemade lure. What baits do you use?"

W - "I designed a bait called a Corky. I just sold my business a while back and the originals are selling for $75 each. I have 3 of my favs that I'll sell you for the price of 1."

Florida guy - "I'd like to come up there and try out my baits. I catch some huge trout down here on these lures."

W- Yeah, I catch big trout all the time wade fishing. Do you wade down there?"

Florida guy - "No, I'm kinda short so wading is kinda out of the question for me. I sure wish I could, tho."

W - "I always knew my height would come in handy for something. I never liked basketball but it sure comes in handy while wading."

Florida guy - How tall are you?

W - 6' 6". I have 2 huge camps on my lake...maybe you can come and stay and I'll take you fishing."

Florida guy - "That would be great! I get excited about tryin' out my baits in other areas.

W - "I'll be glad to try them out and let you know what I think." :rolleyes:

Florida guy - "Would you? I'll send you some and maybe you can get them going over there."

W - "Be glad to help out! How much do you get for them?"

Florida guy - "Well, I'm asking $6 because of all the time involved but if you can get some sales in your area....I'll let 'em go for $5."

W - "OK, I own a website called www.saltycajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com) so I should be able to sell plenty for you. I'll just collect the money and send it straight to you and you can ship the lures. How's that?":cool:

Florida guy - "Great! Dang, W...you seem like a really nice guy."

W - Well, everybody seems to think so. I just try to help everybody out as much as I can.....you know, the less fortunate. I made the cover of Louisiana Sportsman Magazine and they said the interview was the most popular one ever."

Florida guy - Good deal. I'll try to plan a trip over there but my job makes it tough for me to leave more than one day at a time."

W - "Where do you work?"

Florida guy - "I'm a neurosurgeon."

W - "Wanna "conpare" salaries?"

longsidelandry
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
OMG!!! lmao that's too freakin funny :*****::*****::*****:

fishinpox
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM

:*****::*****::*****::*****:

blackmamba
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Good one Salty!!

tgsx750f2000
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
i have the conversation right here. I've corrected all w's spelling to make it easier to read:

florida guy - "so, you saltwater fish alot?"

w - "yep. I work for nasa so i can geaux pretty much any time."

florida guy - "i'm an avid angler, also. Where do you do most of your fishing?"

w - "i own a lake in southwest louisiana. I named it big lake. What is your favorite bait?"

florida guy - "i make my own baits. It's a huge rush knowing that you fooled a trout or red on a homemade lure. What baits do you use?"

w - "i designed a bait called a corky. I just sold my business a while back and the originals are selling for $75 each. I have 3 of my favs that i'll sell you for the price of 1."

florida guy - "i'd like to come up there and try out my baits. I catch some huge trout down here on these lures."

w- yeah, i catch big trout all the time wade fishing. Do you wade down there?"

florida guy - "no, i'm kinda short so wading is kinda out of the question for me. I sure wish i could, tho."

w - "i always knew my height would come in handy for something. I never liked basketball but it sure comes in handy while wading."

florida guy - how tall are you?

w - 6' 6". I have 2 huge camps on my lake...maybe you can come and stay and i'll take you fishing."

florida guy - "that would be great! I get excited about tryin' out my baits in other areas.

w - "i'll be glad to try them out and let you know what i think." :rolleyes:

florida guy - "would you? I'll send you some and maybe you can get them going over there."

w - "be glad to help out! How much do you get for them?"

florida guy - "well, i'm asking $6 because of all the time involved but if you can get some sales in your area....i'll let 'em go for $5."

w - "ok, i own a website called www.saltycajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com) so i should be able to sell plenty for you. I'll just collect the money and send it straight to you and you can ship the lures. How's that?":cool:

florida guy - "great! Dang, w...you seem like a really nice guy."

w - well, everybody seems to think so. I just try to help everybody out as much as i can.....you know, the less fortunate. I made the cover of louisiana sportsman magazine and they said the interview was the most popular one ever."

florida guy - good deal. I'll try to plan a trip over there but my job makes it tough for me to leave more than one day at a time."

w - "where do you work?"

florida guy - "i'm a neurosurgeon."

w - "wanna "conpare" salaries?"

priceless

"W"
02-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I have the conversation right here. I've corrected all W's spelling to make it easier to read:

Florida guy - "So, you saltwater fish alot?"

W - "Yep. I work for NASA so I can geaux pretty much any time."

Florida guy - "I'm an avid angler, also. Where do you do most of your fishing?"

W - "I own a lake in southwest Louisiana. I named it Big Lake. What is your favorite bait?"

Florida guy - "I make my own baits. It's a huge rush knowing that you fooled a trout or red on a homemade lure. What baits do you use?"

W - "I designed a bait called a Corky. I just sold my business a while back and the originals are selling for $75 each. I have 3 of my favs that I'll sell you for the price of 1."

Florida guy - "I'd like to come up there and try out my baits. I catch some huge trout down here on these lures."

W- Yeah, I catch big trout all the time wade fishing. Do you wade down there?"

Florida guy - "No, I'm kinda short so wading is kinda out of the question for me. I sure wish I could, tho."

W - "I always knew my height would come in handy for something. I never liked basketball but it sure comes in handy while wading."

Florida guy - How tall are you?

W - 6' 6". I have 2 huge camps on my lake...maybe you can come and stay and I'll take you fishing."

Florida guy - "That would be great! I get excited about tryin' out my baits in other areas.

W - "I'll be glad to try them out and let you know what I think." :rolleyes:

Florida guy - "Would you? I'll send you some and maybe you can get them going over there."

W - "Be glad to help out! How much do you get for them?"

Florida guy - "Well, I'm asking $6 because of all the time involved but if you can get some sales in your area....I'll let 'em go for $5."

W - "OK, I own a website called www.saltycajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com) so I should be able to sell plenty for you. I'll just collect the money and send it straight to you and you can ship the lures. How's that?":cool:

Florida guy - "Great! Dang, W...you seem like a really nice guy."

W - Well, everybody seems to think so. I just try to help everybody out as much as I can.....you know, the less fortunate. I made the cover of Louisiana Sportsman Magazine and they said the interview was the most popular one ever."

Florida guy - Good deal. I'll try to plan a trip over there but my job makes it tough for me to leave more than one day at a time."

W - "Where do you work?"

Damn......Quit...i got light headed LMAO

meaux fishing
02-11-2010, 10:06 PM
LMAO @ Salty OMFG thats probably so accurate its scary

Reel Bender
02-11-2010, 10:17 PM
datsagudin

Salty
02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Salty I am still laughing at that one. My ribs are hurting so so bad. W should give your hood for that one

Yep, I think that one deserves a hoodie, a Haynie or somethin'.

Red Devil
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
:*****::*****::*****:

Salty
02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
He will make you a deal on a corky 74.01

Or one of them $5 homemade baits for $20. :smokin: Such a nice guy. :puke::thefinger:

cmdrost
02-12-2010, 10:34 AM
No salty....def would not pay 20 - 30 for 1 corky!!! Highway robbery.

LaAngler
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
i dont plan to pay 10 either, i'll fish with something else when i run out