PDA

View Full Version : String

CatDaddy
02-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Anyone ever use that cheap "Academy" brand string from Academy called H2O Express?

I like it for everyday fishing, but would rather use berkly for tournament fishing. It gets expensive putting high dollar string on 15 poles.

does anyone have "tricks"?

When I fish a tournament, I only un-spool half the spool of old string, cut half off, then tie the new string on, and spool up. That way i can spool 4 reels with one pack of string..

LaAngler
02-15-2010, 01:39 AM
you talking mono or braid?

i use ande mono, i like it

Dink
02-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Use braid......when it starts to wear, take it all off and respool backwards, that way you have fresh line on the end.......imo

Gottogo49
02-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I have spooled some of the H20 Express line and it works OK on redfish. Have not caught a trout on it yet. I do like you do, top-shot your spool with about 50 yds of fresh line. That way I can change line more often. I join the two lines with a blood knot, and I retie my lure about every 5 fish or when it looks frayed. I back off my drag every time I hook a fish that can pull and I very seldom break off a fish. Wow Daddy, you maintain 15 rods, most of my buds use two and make fun of me because I like to bring four. Those bass guys have 10 or 12 strapped down on the deck.

huntin fool
02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I have spooled some of the H20 Express line and it works OK on redfish. Have not caught a trout on it yet. I do like you do, top-shot your spool with about 50 yds of fresh line. That way I can change line more often. I join the two lines with a blood knot, and I retie my lure about every 5 fish or when it looks frayed. I back off my drag every time I hook a fish that can pull and I very seldom break off a fish. Wow Daddy, you maintain 15 rods, most of my buds use two and make fun of me because I like to bring four. Those bass guys have 10 or 12 strapped down on the deck.

I felt like the retard when i went fishin with cat....He had 15 rods...I had 5

CatDaddy
02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
When I fish bass tourneys, I like a rod rigged for each bait. I save alot of time not having to tie lures. Plus I like different actions for different baits. But when a tournament comes around I spool up with florocarbon. Everyday fishing and I use cheap mono. Just recently I started using H2O express because of the price.

Montauk17
02-15-2010, 02:03 PM
I usually use braid but when I use mono I use the original stren,you can buy a 1500 or 2000 yard spool for a decent price.