PDA

View Full Version : Best Cranking Battery for the buck?

Wag
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Need a new cranking battery...what's the best make for the buck?

blackmamba
02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Optima blue top. Kinda pricey but worth it

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree with Blackmamba but if you cant afford that one my next would be a big moma.These are the next best batterysnon the market
I never heard of those, where do you get them?

SULPHITE
02-17-2010, 04:45 PM
tackle shop in sulphur's got'em...

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
What's the price on em?

SULPHITE
02-17-2010, 04:47 PM
I think it was around $90 on one...I didn't look at the size...it was the bigger one i think????

longsidelandry
02-17-2010, 04:48 PM
That's not too bad

SULPHITE
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
yeah I think they are reasonably priced...

Shawn Braquet
02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
would ya'll suggest these batteries for the trolling motor also? i'm in the market for a pair of trolling motor batteries

wtretrievers
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM
would ya'll suggest these batteries for the trolling motor also? i'm in the market for a pair of trolling motor batteries
The Optima blue tops! I changed trolling batterys last year & what a difference. They're expensive, I can use them a couple trips without recharging on a 24' Skeeter & I'm hard on a trolling motor! Most of your auto parts places carry them. Autozone, O'reilly's etc.....

adamsfence
02-17-2010, 06:55 PM
The Optima blue tops! I changed trolling batterys last year & what a difference. They're expensive, I can use them a couple trips without recharging on a 24' Skeeter & I'm hard on a trolling motor!

before you buy the optimas give speckdaddy a pm and ask him how he is liking the batteries my brother hooked him up with less money and more battery and same technology.. they are for electric wheel chairs. they have more reserve than the optimas. if you still like the optimas he has those too

huntin fool
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM
before you buy the optimas give speckdaddy a pm and ask him how he is liking the batteries my brother hooked him up with less money and more battery and same technology.. they are for electric wheel chairs. they have more reserve than the optimas. if you still like the optimas he has those too

Them elec. wheel chairs batteries hold a good long charge! Ride in my grandmaws all the time :D

speckdaddy
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
guys adam is right, wayyyy more bang for less bux!!!! these batteries are bein put to the test!!! great arse batteries at a great price, this ol boy hooked me up.thanks adam!!!!!!! and even tho ya didnt take my gas money, how bout i pay ya at the tourney wif sum stiff dranks?

speck-chaser
02-17-2010, 11:09 PM
thats alright jason, I paid him for you,with some tools. lol.

wtretrievers
02-17-2010, 11:11 PM
guys adam is right, wayyyy more bang for less bux!!!! these batteries are bein put to the test!!! great arse batteries at a great price, this ol boy hooked me up.thanks adam!!!!!!! and even tho ya didnt take my gas money, how bout i pay ya at the tourney wif sum stiff dranks?
Are they gel cells?

speckdaddy
02-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Are they gel cells?

No sir these are glass mat. I like the gel cells also and i bought the evertroll series when they came out. 400
bux a battery is expensive. I put my trollin motor on yedterday mornin before i left work wide open. At six last night i still had 93% battery life! And its still runnin wide open right now . The batteries arent hot as others do when under constant use. I wanna see what they are at when i get off tonight. Want a report? I am very satisfied

Dink
02-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow!!!! That's awesome Jason......is it for cranking too? Should have a sticker with cranking amps.......

adamsfence
02-18-2010, 09:03 AM

thats alright jason, I paid him for you,with some tools. lol.

jason i'll drink one with you but you don't owe me nothing i was going anyway and was more than happy

jody- got the batteries back yesterday rebuilt. charge all of them last night they are ready to go thanks again

2ndamendment
02-19-2010, 10:31 AM
The wheel chair batteries, do they fit in a standard battery box?

speck-chaser
02-19-2010, 10:43 PM
jason i'll drink one with you but you don't owe me nothing i was going anyway and was more than happy

jody- got the batteries back yesterday rebuilt. charge all of them last night they are ready to go thanks again

good to hear man, hope you can get some use out of them.

speckdaddy
02-20-2010, 07:38 AM
The wheel chair batteries, do they fit in a standard battery box?

yep they fit They are standard size batteries. 48 hours wide open and still88%. Battery life. Great batteries guys!!!

2ndamendment
02-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the reply speckdaddy. Will you pm me the contact info for these batteries?

speckdaddy
02-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the reply speckdaddy. Will you pm me the contact info for these batteries?
i got em through adams fence.. holla at him.. hes the one with the hookup. you wont regret it!!!