PDA

View Full Version : Chicot Fishing Advice

ripinlips
02-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Last minute my Brother-in-Law wants to go try Chicot this weekend. Has anyone been fishing there lately? I am not real familiar with that lake and have never fished it at this time of year. I'll fish for anything... so all helpful advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

LaAngler
02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
only time i've ever been i watched this dude pound the bass fishing the ledge of the boat lane with a small jig

CatDaddy
02-18-2010, 03:38 AM
Last minute my Brother-in-Law wants to go try Chicot this weekend. Has anyone been fishing there lately? I am not real familiar with that lake and have never fished it at this time of year. I'll fish for anything... so all helpful advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last year all i would catch them on was a fluke, or a Senko that was wacky rigged... Cast on cypress trees and let them fall with a little twitch about every few seconds... im sure with the weather lik it is, they will still be deep. So try the trees, then if that dont work for you.. try a jig in about 8 - 10 feet deep. Cut the skirts down so the bait dont look so big, and less intimidating..

ripinlips
02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Last year all i would catch them on was a fluke, or a Senko that was wacky rigged... Cast on cypress trees and let them fall with a little twitch about every few seconds... im sure with the weather lik it is, they will still be deep. So try the trees, then if that dont work for you.. try a jig in about 8 - 10 feet deep. Cut the skirts down so the bait dont look so big, and less intimidating..

Thanks for the info CatDaddy.

jpeff31787
02-18-2010, 09:12 AM
catdaddy has some good info.. if that don't work. I'd move a little shallower with possible a spinnerbait/chatterbait just to see what happens. Its still too early to catch them spawning, but you might catch what i call some retarded bass that spawn early. Good luck!! Sunday I won't be far, I'm going hit Millers to prefish for a tourny.

Dink
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM
What kinda boat?? ONLY run in the channels.....I remember there being ALOT of stumps just under the surface....

ripinlips
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I have a 15ft aluminum...I heard about the stumps before the last time I went out there but did not run into any problems...Thanks for reminding me though.

Jeff,
How is miller's this time of year? Never been there but I know it is close to Chicot.

RaginCagin
02-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Best thing the state can do is fill that place in with concrete. It is 15 minutes from my house and i rarely fish it anymore. They do have some hogs in there but you really have to know the place. Usually best baits ths time of year are white spinner baits in deeper cypress trees or watermelon brush hogs.

jpeff31787
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I have a 15ft aluminum...I heard about the stumps before the last time I went out there but did not run into any problems...Thanks for reminding me though.

JPeff,
How is miller's this time of year? Never been there but I know it is close to Chicot.

Its usually good, but i think its been a little too cold. I'm going hit it Sunday. I have 2 tournaments there coming up so I figured a little prefish wouldn't hurt anything. Waters REAL REAL clear right now.

fishmaster911
02-19-2010, 05:17 PM
A Shadow is a must !