PDA

View Full Version : Where to go Saturday!!

jpeff31787
02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm going try my luck this weekend with the pretty weather. Sunday I already know I'm going prefish Millers, but Saturday I don't know. Debating between Lake Martin, Half Moon (for choupique :D), and possibly Cazans. Anybody been hearing any reports!?

Montauk17
02-18-2010, 09:33 AM
I heard they were catching sac a lait in lake martin,not sure about the bass. It should be decent with the warmer temps this weekend.

jpeff31787
02-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I heard they were catching sac a lait in lake martin,not sure about the bass. It should be decent with the warmer temps this weekend.

i've heard both species have been caught.. Decisions get tough this time of year when everything starts turning on lol

fishmaster911
02-18-2010, 09:51 AM
A buddy went last week to lake Martin and caught a few bass on super hogs & senkos ! His biggest went @ 3 lb

jpeff31787
02-18-2010, 10:02 AM
A buddy went last week to lake Martin and caught a few bass on super hogs & senkos ! His biggest went @ 3 lb

Thats what i would expect to catch from there. I heard there were some bigger fish than that caught too. Whats a super hog?

fishmaster911
02-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Thats what i would expect to catch from there. I heard there were some bigger fish than that caught too. Whats a super hog?

Zoom super hog is like a compact version of a brush hog !

jpeff31787
02-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Zoom super hog is like a compact version of a brush hog !

ok I know exactly what your talking about. It doesn't have the little curly tail like the brush hogs do. But lake martin is probably where i'll end up going. i've only been there once though

speck-chaser
02-18-2010, 08:00 PM
ok I know exactly what your talking about. It doesn't have the little curly tail like the brush hogs do. But lake martin is probably where i'll end up going. i've only been there once though

how bout v/b? lol.

longsidelandry
02-18-2010, 08:04 PM
how bout v/b? lol.
That may be the funniest joke I've heard in a while...

speck-chaser
02-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I been actually entertaining the thought.lol, I need to go run my boat. some days according to the sat. photos, the water doesnt look too bad on the backside of the island.

Country Boy
02-18-2010, 08:11 PM
went to halfmoon about a week ago for sac-a-lait had 2 bites and that was it, no baitfish moving at all.

longsidelandry
02-18-2010, 08:12 PM
I went 2 weekends ago, my little cousin was in town with my nanny and he was breaking my neck to go since the 2 times I brought him we caught some reds. The water was so brown it was unreal. It was nice just to be out on the water though. Let me know if ever you just to make a quick trip, I would be more than thrilled to tag along/help split the gas and what not. I live in Coteau so I'm not far from you.

speck-chaser
02-18-2010, 08:34 PM
sounds good, just might hafta make a run and see if there are any trout offshore at the rigs.;)

longsidelandry
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Let me know man, I'm always down for a fishing trip!

Choupique
02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Doubissan rest stop lake off of 1-49 near Grand Prairie brah

speckdaddy
02-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Doubissan rest stop lake off of 1-49 near Grand Prairie brah
whatcha know bout that spot!!!! :D they got sum great sacalait fishin there!!!

whunter29
02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Quit talking about my secret spot. I bet I have caught more sacs out of that lake than anyone on this forum. I started fishing it before the interstate was open and before it got the reputation as being a great spot which brought with it the big lake crowds on a 100 acre lake.

Country Boy
02-24-2010, 09:23 PM
we also catch a lot of sac-a-lait over there, only bad thing about the lake is jet ski's on weekends when the weather is nice

Choupique
02-24-2010, 11:26 PM
My cuz in Ville Platte showed that too me. Awesome place. Sacs on day, wake board another day.

Gerald
02-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Quit talking about my secret spot. I bet I have caught more sacs out of that lake than anyone on this forum. I started fishing it before the interstate was open and before it got the reputation as being a great spot which brought with it the big lake crowds on a 100 acre lake.

I fished there some shortly after I-49 opened. Only remember one time another boat was running around on the water. Most Sacs were a little small back then........1/2+ lb was a big one.

I use to slow troll or drift with several lines out with soft plastic or small rattle trap. What do you use there?

whunter29
02-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Gerald we used beetle spins, crankbaits, jigs double rigged like speck fishing and a rebel crawfish crankbait. My biggest sac out of there is 2.75 pounds

RaginCagin
02-26-2010, 05:28 PM

I have also done very well on the sacs there the few times I have fished it. didnt even need a motor to get to them but most were small. How did you fish it before I-49 was open? Wasn't the lake dug to build I-49?

Gerald
02-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Gerald we used beetle spins, crankbaits, jigs double rigged like speck fishing and a rebel crawfish crankbait. My biggest sac out of there is 2.75 pounds

I forgot....I used them too.

whunter29
02-26-2010, 08:25 PM
We would drive around the barricades. There was a hell of a drop off on the overpass over the Thistlewaite boyscout camp road. Gerald I am willing to show you all off my tricks for fishing there for some of yours on hunting Sherburne if you like.

Dink
02-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Go to grand isle......

Gerald
02-27-2010, 12:44 AM
We would drive around the barricades. There was a hell of a drop off on the overpass over the Thistlewaite boyscout camp road. Gerald I am willing to show you all off my tricks for fishing there for some of yours on hunting Sherburne if you like.

That lake is just too far from where I live now, to fish there. But I can help you some on places to hunt. I have been going there for a long time.

Since Gustave passed near Sherburne, the woods have made it tuff to hunt there. I only went a few times in each of the past 2 seasons. Not sure if I will make it there for Turkey hunt or not.

How long have you Deer hunted there? Do you hunt by boat?

Catch
02-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Fished Dubison shortly after I-49 opened, out of my canoe. Ragin Cajun right, the fish were smaller but more plentiful back then. Now they're fewer but bigger. There's also some good redear there too, but for some strange reason the bream are small.