PDA

View Full Version : weather reports

speckdaddy
06-07-2009, 07:37 PM
hey guys, i dunno bout you all but i take my time on the water seriously. i wanna know as much info as i can about the conditions.how bout we post up our best sites ta view weather,tides,wind direction etc.... ? maybe salty and w, and laangler can see if we can get sum links to these so we dont hafta search all over the web. good idea or not? holla!!!!:spineyes:

"W"
06-07-2009, 08:34 PM
hey guys, i dunno bout you all but i take my time on the water seriously. i wanna know as much info as i can about the conditions.how bout we post up our best sites ta view weather,tides,wind direction etc.... ? maybe salty and w, and laangler can see if we can get sum links to these so we dont hafta search all over the web. good idea or not? holla!!!!:spineyes:

Shad..Had some info of sites I sent him....I need to ask him to add to the site if he can!! Will email him ASAP...

speckdaddy
06-08-2009, 01:04 PM
thanks dubya. i have plenty of sites .it would just be soooo much easier ta have em all on one site or page ta view.thanks!!!!

Gerald
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I have just about quite looking a Tide chart information. What the site says, and what the tide actually does are usually very different.

In Big Lake.....wind is a much bigger factor. The wind usually blows out of the south and pushes water up north. When the wind shifts.....all the water up north has to "Fall" back to the gulf before there will be a good "incoming" tide.

You can usually count on a mid to late afternoon falling tide, unless the wind just shifted back to the south.

I have seen many days where there is a falling tide [water is moving to the south] all morning, but the Cameron or Hackberry reading show that the tide came up 6" to 12" all morning and did not start to "Fall" until late in the day.