PDA

View Full Version : Contraband Bayou Clean Up April 24

cmdrost
02-23-2010, 10:11 AM
For anyone who's seen Contraband Bayou lately.....its truly disgusting with all the trash. Putting an early word out for volunteers for clean-up of the Contraband Bayou. The clean-up is strictly water based focused on ridding the bayou of all the litter from the Port of Lake Charles to past McNeese University. We'll need all the boats we can find.

Our event is 04/24/10.

For more info check out Facebook under Clean Bayou which is our non-for profit company set up to run this annually or email Eric Stevens: eric.stevens@wellsfargoadvisors.com

Shawn Braquet
02-23-2010, 12:01 PM
i'd be willing to help anyone wanna ride with me? beer allowed?

LaAngler
02-23-2010, 12:03 PM
For anyone who's seen Contraband Bayou lately.....its truly disgusting with all the trash.

you mean on giovanni street? :cool:

cmdrost
02-23-2010, 12:29 PM
"Raymond" will head up efforts from the LC CCA Chapter. Holler at him or Eric. I'm sure many will be glad to help, but lack boats. Drinking beer shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you throw it in a trash bag when done and not in the bayou!

Raymond
02-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I think Beer would be allowed after the Trash Bash is over with. Might want to be completely sober while reslin them tars out of da mud. Maybe they can give a prize for the most unusual peice of garbage, like a body:eek:

Ray
02-23-2010, 02:43 PM
The Lake Charles Power Squadron does an area clean up like that every year.
It might be helpful to get in touch with them and gang bang the bayou together.

SULPHITE
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
gang bang the bayou together.

:*****:

Jordan
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
hahahaha he said gang bang !!!! :*****:

adamsfence
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
:*****:

hahahaha he said gang bang !!!! :*****:

which one's beavis and which one's butthead?

Jordan
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM
i'll be butthead...

Shawn Braquet
02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I think Beer would be allowed after the Trash Bash is over with. Might want to be completely sober while reslin them tars out of da mud. Maybe they can give a prize for the most unusual peice of garbage, like a body:eek:
and that's unusual? maybe i'll win

cmdrost
04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Clean Bayou Happy Hour Today!
@ CASA MANANA
Thursday, April 15, 2010
5:30 - 7:30

Stop in, meet the team, and sign up to volunteer for Clean Up! Contraband Bayou event to be held on Saturday April 24, Bowtie Marina, 8am - 5pm.

If you can't make it tonight, please go to our website, www.cleanbayouswla.org (http://www.cleanbayouswla.org/), and complete the Volunteer Registration form online. All the info you need to know should be found on the website. If not, please call Debbie.

Hope to see you there!

Debbie Garrett

Vice President, Clean Bayou

337-499-6019

cleanbayouswla@yahoo.com (cleanbayouswla@yahoo.com)

info@cleanbayouswla.org (info@cleanbayouswla.org)

www.cleanbayouswla.org (http://www.cleanbayouswla.org/)

Raymond
04-17-2010, 06:06 AM
I spoke to Eric late Wed afternoon about launching boats and here is a little information. The morning of the event (24th) it is preferable to launch and come to Bowtie by water. Boats can be dropped off, and the capable hands at Bowtie will make sure they get into the water in one piece for Sat morning.

Call Eric Stevens should you have anymore questions.

cmdrost
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
reminder as this is tomorrow.

Raymond
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
We filled up 3 roll off's full of everything imaginable this morning. Bet ya didn't know "lifestyles" are the most popular brand in Calcasieu parish.

huntin fool
04-24-2010, 08:10 PM
We filled up 3 roll off's full of everything imaginable this morning. Bet ya didn't know "lifestyles" are the most popular brand in Calcasieu parish.

i thought trojan was?!?! :shaking:

any dead bodies, guns, etc?