PDA

View Full Version : looking for fish chum...

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I have been looking online and even tried calling a few places but can not seem to locate any chum. You can get it in Venice but I can't locate it around Grand Isle. I will be traveling from Lafayette on Hwy 90 to Hwy 1 then south to Grand Isle. Anyone from the area know where I can buy some? I heard that the Sand dollar carries it some time but are often out of it. I want to go down there knowing I have it if possible.

Ray
02-23-2010, 04:33 PM
There is another marina/launch right at the bottom of the bridge on the island.
They have a lot of fishing stuff.

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
bridgeside????

Ray
02-23-2010, 04:45 PM
THat's it. I gotta bad brain cell. Can't remember anything.
Cigars is supposed to open again also.

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks Ray, I called them, they have whole pogie @ $35.50/50lbs. Probley go with that. I have a grinder that will be on the boat. I looks like the weather is going to make it tough for us. 5-7 footers till Sat evening around 6:oopm. around 8:00pm it should be around 3-4. I hope as it gets closer it will die back around 2-3 or lower.

Ray
02-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Pogies fall apart easy. PUt them in a bucket and mash them with a baseball bat.

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Pogies fall apart easy. PUt them in a bucket and mash them with a baseball bat.

:spineyes:Home runs or bunts...:spineyes:

yea, they kinda like shad (not shadman) they die easy and fall apart once they are frozen. I may not need the grinder for them but if I catch some other trash fish I may add them to the mix. Fresh blood should be better. I hope the weather moves on out faster than the predictions.

Ray
02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
It really sux out here right now.
I am 60 miles south of SW Pass.

Salty
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I have been looking online and even tried calling a few places but can not seem to locate any chum. You can get it in Venice but I can't locate it around Grand Isle. I will be traveling from Lafayette on Hwy 90 to Hwy 1 then south to Grand Isle. Anyone from the area know where I can buy some? I heard that the Sand dollar carries it some time but are often out of it. I want to go down there knowing I have it if possible.

Here ya geaux, QUACK.

Ray
02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
He said chum not chump!!!:*****::*****::*****::*****:

adamsfence
02-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Ray, I called them, they have whole pogie @ $35.50/50lbs. Probley go with that. I have a grinder that will be on the boat. I looks like the weather is going to make it tough for us. 5-7 footers till Sat evening around 6:oopm. around 8:00pm it should be around 3-4. I hope as it gets closer it will die back around 2-3 or lower.

quack how do you find out the wave heights

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Here ya geaux, QUACK.

I don't know if the Red will fit thru the grinder.:eek: But the that lil pogie on the side might.:D

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
quack how do you find out the wave heights

www.louisiana-offshore.com (http://www.louisiana-offshore.com/) cool place I found. wind, water depth, wave height and wave period. Animated movement up to 6 day prediction. Also will give you gps coordinates. for east and gulf waters. And distance from point A to point B...

Dink
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
That place that used to be Bobby Lynn's, don't know the new name, should have some....guess we can stop at all the bait shops on the way till we find it?

wtretrievers
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Quack.......When is yalls trip? This w/e?

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Quack.......When is yalls trip? This w/e?

I Hope... Right now as set, we are going this weekend. Even if the weather does not give us the gulf to fish in we will fish in the Bay and let the island protect us from the waves. We also have the option to go to Fouchon and fish the jetties there. I am sure we can catch something to cook up, and enjoy meeting a handfull of SC members and have a good time. It's got to be more fun than shelling purple hulls on the front porch.:rotfl:

Hey trievers what part of central ? you live...

wtretrievers
02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I Hope... Right now as set, we are going this weekend. Even if the weather does not give us the gulf to fish in we will fish in the Bay and let the island protect us from the waves. We also have the option to go to Fouchon and fish the jetties there. I am sure we can catch something to cook up, and enjoy meeting a handfull of SC members and have a good time. It's got to be more fun than shelling purple hulls on the front porch.:rotfl:

Hey trievers what part of central ? you live...
Thats not fun....:shaking: Bout as fun as bailing hay or sitting in the bed a truck all freaking day shucking corn:shaking: Have had my share........no thank you!

I live in the northern part. "Pride":redface: Denham rd.

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Thats not fun....:shaking: Bout as fun as bailing hay or sitting in the bed a truck all freaking day shucking corn:shaking: Have had my share........no thank you!

I live in the northern part. "Pride":redface: Denham rd.

I love the smell of fresh turned hay..... for about two minutes. Then I know what happens next:work: The corn I don't mind so much My wife and I usually put up about 15 doz each year. Still have some left from this past spring I need to cook up soon.Still not sure of your area, Alex?:confused:

wtretrievers
02-23-2010, 10:39 PM
I love the smell of fresh turned hay..... for about two minutes. Then I know what happens next:work: The corn I don't mind so much My wife and I usually put up about 15 doz each year. Still have some left from this past spring I need to cook up soon.Still not sure of your area, Alex?:confused:15 doz:confused: Oh no!!!!! It used to be several thousand pounds a day! 2 thousands acres worth of sweet corn!:shaking: Took a solid week with 15-20 people!!!!

Alex? No....Central is a town north of BR, between Baker & Denham Springs. Used to be the country, but not for long.

QUACKHEAD
02-23-2010, 10:47 PM
oh ... ok. I lived off Blue Bonnet about 22 yrs ago after I got out of the Navy. Worked at Our Lady Of the Lake. Hated the area. Then got lucky and got on with the VA been up here since then. You guys didn't shuck all that corn did you. You would pick it and sell huh??

wtretrievers
02-23-2010, 10:54 PM
oh ... ok. I lived off Blue Bonnet about 22 yrs ago after I got out of the Navy. Worked at Our Lady Of the Lake. Hated the area. Then got lucky and got on with the VA been up here since then. You guys didn't shuck all that corn did you. You would pick it and sell huh??
Yeah, sold most of it. But shucked ALOT of it, they would cut it & bag it.
Blue Bonnet area SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! Really any place in town. Traffic is horrible!!!!