PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fishing,

Fishmaster
02-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Summer is coming closer closer and the summer bass fishing is starting to get me that itch now. I havent been bass fishing for long, only three years. Well me an my cuz fish this little lake they call "dead lake" well its about a two acr. man made lake its off the tanggy river, well any way. We are just about the only ones who bass fish it, in that fact where just about the only ones that fish it... Well we never had a problem catching bass the thing is there all small the biggest being only 3lbs but there tons of small one, alot of people say we have to take out some of the small ones so the others have more food to eat, this sounds true so we plan on doing it this year, well just like every one else we only use plastics but that takes a while, well we dont mine using live bait if its for catching fish we are going to eat, so does any one have any tips on catching bass on live bait? Like shinners? We have never used live for bass how does this go?

wtretrievers
02-23-2010, 10:05 PM
When yer cork goes under set the hook!;)

FF_T_Warren
02-23-2010, 10:07 PM
shiners all the way. youll murder em

SULPHITE
02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
shiners all the way. youll murder em

Fishmaster
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
So it's just that simple? And how would y'all rigg'em?

FF_T_Warren
02-23-2010, 10:26 PM
ya hook em through the tip of the lips (so they cant tell the fish whats going on). but no seriously do that and if that stops working try through the top of the back.
just fish em under a cork just like for sac a lait. if they get skiddish just watch em and free line them. its pretty simple just play around with it and find what they want but usually theyll take em anyway they can get em especially if the pond isnt fished hard

Fishmaster
02-23-2010, 10:29 PM
ya hook em through the tip of the lips (so they cant tell the fish whats going on). but no seriously do that and if that stops working try through the top of the back.
just fish em under a cork just like for sac a lait. if they get skiddish just watch em and free line them. its pretty simple just play around with it and find what they want but usually theyll take em anyway they can get em especially if the pond isnt fished hard

Would you recommend a certain hook type?

adamsfence
02-23-2010, 10:29 PM
i use white perch hooks

FF_T_Warren
02-23-2010, 10:31 PM
yea we just use the gold hooks like for sac a lait

FF_T_Warren
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.dalehollowoutdoors.com/aberdeen-gold-4-hooks.html

thats what i use. bad picture but u can see it