PDA

View Full Version : Okuma Serrano and Trio

jlincecum
02-23-2010, 09:51 PM
UPS man just dropped a box at my front door. Its too bad a have to pass these reels along cuz these things are sweet!! Both reels are extremely smooth and very well built. Cant wait to get these Trio's on the water and add a Serrano to the line up in the near future.

jchief
02-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Josh, just pm'd you my cell. Give me a call Wednesday and we can meet up..

thanks Jude

FF_T_Warren
02-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I bought 2 okumas at chags tent sale last year and I am thoroughly impressed. very reasonable price and a lifetime warranty. you cant beat that.

Salty
02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
I bought 2 okumas at chags tent sale last year and I am thoroughly impressed. very reasonable price and a lifetime warranty. you cant beat that.

Which Okuma is that?

FF_T_Warren
02-23-2010, 11:22 PM
mmm i dont remember Im in the bed right now. its like a 4000 series size spinning reel for specks and reds. bought 2 of em and the rods and reels have lifetime warranties. and no headaches either just bring it to any store that sells them and hand them the broke one and theyll hand you a brand new one. I bought it at chags and the reps were there and they said if it broke on me in grand isle, just bring it to bobby lynns and theyll swap it out. you cant beat that even the rod. I was under the impression that all their equipment had that warranty but maybe its only the lighter tackle

SULPHITE
02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
...cue the core, calias, or whatever the most expensive reel made by man are...

LOL!

FF_T_Warren
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM
its an inspira40

Salty
02-23-2010, 11:28 PM
...cue the core, calias, or whatever the most expensive reel made by man are...

LOL!

:shaking: Sorry. ;)

SULPHITE
02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
:D

One day Salty...I will own one of the elite!!

Salty
02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
:D

One day Salty...I will own one of the elite!!

Get a Core. It's W's new fav.

all star rod
02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Sulphite do not feel bad.......I only have 3 of the cheap ole Curados and 1 Chronarch......

SULPHITE
02-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Get a Core. It's W's new fav.

W reminds me of a drug dealer...but for fishing tackle...

Cores are what he is "pushing" now...

Curados where his "gateway" reel!

simplepeddler
02-24-2010, 07:04 AM
google a fellow by the name of "jettywolf" he is a guide in FL. pretty good chap.....
He has two of Okuma bait casters the aluminum ones, for sale for like 60 bucks, brand new in the box.
Not a bad deal

Ray
02-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Between the Banks fishing show guy Bob uses Okuma Inspira's. THey fish almost every day. Get lots of use.

gonzalesdave
02-24-2010, 09:24 AM
I have some okuma C3 rods and I want a couple more. Great rod for the money. I want to try a serrano, but evertime I have the money I end up buying another curado.....only because I have had great luck with the curados in the past.

Garfish
02-24-2010, 09:34 AM
I have an Okuma Epixor 3000 series spinning reel on a 7 ft Bass Pro rod. Good reel and not that expensive. It's taken some waves in the surf and it's still kickin' after 3 years. Just needs a little rinse and a spritz of oil and it's good to go. It's my go to spinning reel fishing in the surf.

Shawn Braquet
02-24-2010, 10:12 AM
i have an inspira dont know the model #, but have surf fished with it and it is also holding up very well on its 4 year this year

mikedatiger
02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
We'll put a thorough testing on the Serrano this weekend. Out of the box it is fantastic - lighter and smaller than the Curado. Definitely smooth, but I hate to draw that comparison without casting it side by side.

The Trio is unbelievable. I own Shimanos spinning reels of all price ranges and I think that the Trio takes the cake in it's price range, plus it is all composite. Again, we'll know more after pushing them on the water and will then have to do some longevity tests...

Shawn Braquet
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
We'll put a thorough testing on the Serrano this weekend. Out of the box it is fantastic - lighter and smaller than the Curado. Definitely smooth, but I hate to draw that comparison without casting it side by side.

The Trio is unbelievable. I own Shimanos spinning reels of all price ranges and I think that the Trio takes the cake in it's price range, plus it is all composite. Again, we'll know more after pushing them on the water and will then have to do some longevity tests...
i'll let ya'll know what i think of that serrano after this weekend also

SULPHITE
02-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Just recieved my Serrano from jlincecum...wow what a light compact reel. Can't wait to pair her with a nice rod!!!

Thanks again too Mikedatiger and jlincecum for their efforts!!

jchief
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Josh, you get my pm?

jlincecum
02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
sorry about that. got my wires crossed.

huntin fool
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
google a fellow by the name of "jettywolf" he is a guide in FL. pretty good chap.....
He has two of Okuma bait casters the aluminum ones, for sale for like 60 bucks, brand new in the box.
Not a bad deal

he is banned from here :work::work: