PDA

View Full Version : sacalait in the shallows

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 09:10 AM
went to my honey hole here in lafayette and got on some good sacalait action.had 21 sacalait and 1 chinquapin.all caught on hand tied jigs .the yare startin ta stack up on the shoreline in about a foot of water.also caught some small bass chuck full of eggs.released all the bass. gettin ready ta make the grease pop!!!

Sea-Trac Offshore
02-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Nice!

"W"
02-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Sweet............Same me some......I want to go

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 09:34 AM
dude got a spot smack dab in the middle of lafayette that noone fishes!! its gettin ready ta turn on guys!!!

fishmaster911
02-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I bet the sacs in the hidden hills lake should be just about right ! I might hit that up next week after work !

mallard matt
02-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Nice fish man.Ive been trying to get on some of those every weekend round here.Let me know if you need a partner

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Nice fish man.Ive been trying to get on some of those every weekend round here.Let me know if you need a partner
ill pm ya .they havent started ta spawn..the ones i caught have some eggs..not much. its gettin ready ta get good. you wont believe where i fish these things!!!:smokin:

Montauk17
02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Awesome catch bro.I need to get me some of dat....I might go hit some sacs this week,weather is finally getting right.

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah its startin ta get right. Holla at me ryan ill turn ya on to sum spots

huntin fool
02-28-2010, 07:40 PM
guys don't let him lie..he fishes in a ditch off the hwy

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 08:22 PM
guys don't let him lie..he fishes in a ditch off the hwy
keep it quiet runt:eek::eek::eek::p

SULPHITE
02-28-2010, 08:22 PM
nice job specd...nice mess of whites!

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
man they was tasty

Salty
02-28-2010, 08:26 PM
went to my honey hole here in lafayette and got on some good sacalait action.had 21 sacalait and 1 chinquapin.all caught on hand tied jigs .the yare startin ta stack up on the shoreline in about a foot of water.also caught some small bass chuck full of eggs.released all the bass. gettin ready ta make the grease pop!!!

Jason, I got a buddy who has a private bar pit and I got a key to the gate. The river has been in it for a month but has finally dropped out. Pits are normally very deep but there are shallows. There isn't much structure in the shallows in this one so where should I concentrate for perch? The bluff banks are lined with tree tops.

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Jason, I got a buddy who has a private bar pit and I got a key to the gate. The river has been in it for a month but has finally dropped out. Pits are normally very deep but there are shallows. There isn't much structure in the shallows in this one so where should I concentrate for perch? The bluff banks are lined with tree tops.
get on those tree tops. also, even if there is absolutely no cover at all, if there are perch in that area,they WILL move up on the banks ta spawn.ive fished stretches of bank devoid of cover and hammer em.also, a trick thtas been workin fer me is ta troll off the bank in deeper water early in the mornin due to the cooler temps and beat the banks later in the afternoon after about 2:00.its always hit or miss till ya fish the area and start ta catch fish.log em in ya book and next year get em on a pattern.also,find what type of bait is available such as crawfish farms around, try orange and black jigs, and so forth.just try and try again salty. wish ya luck:)

Salty
02-28-2010, 08:38 PM
get on those tree tops. also, even if there is absolutely no cover at all, if there are perch in that area,they WILL move up on the banks ta spawn.ive fished stretches of bank devoid of cover and hammer em.also, a trick thtas been workin fer me is ta troll off the bank in deeper water early in the mornin due to the cooler temps and beat the banks later in the afternoon after about 2:00.its always hit or miss till ya fish the area and start ta catch fish.log em in ya book and next year get em on a pattern.also,find what type of bait is available such as crawfish farms around, try orange and black jigs, and so forth.just try and try again salty. wish ya luck:)

Thanks.

Them little beetle spins thrown with a minicast work as good as jigs with a pole?

speckdaddy
02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks.

Them little beetle spins thrown with a minicast work as good as jigs with a pole?
heck yeah, just dont give up on an area till youve tried the basics.blue and white jigs,red and white, and orange and black. just slow roll them beetlespins .when theyre spawnin good, theyll eat anything up. lemme know how ya do hawse

longsidelandry
02-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Speckdaddy let me know if ever you need a partner, I got one of those lil W size rod n reel setups, talk about some fun to catch them lil guys on.

speckdaddy
03-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Speckdaddy let me know if ever you need a partner, I got one of those lil W size rod n reel setups, talk about some fun to catch them lil guys on.
Ill hollat atcha. Ya got a great lake near ya. Spanish lake is known for quantity of whites. Its gettin good. Only gonna get better

longsidelandry
03-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Ill hollat atcha. Ya got a great lake near ya. Spanish lake is known for quantity of whites. Its gettin good. Only gonna get better
That's what I hear. I never fished it though and I don't like taking my boat into places that I've never been unless I'm with someone that's familiar with the area so they can tell me where to avoid.

Armand16
03-01-2010, 10:42 AM
dude got a spot smack dab in the middle of lafayette that noone fishes!! its gettin ready ta turn on guys!!!

did you catch em in the pond behind the landing apts?

speckdaddy
03-01-2010, 06:38 PM
did you catch em in the pond behind the landing apts?
noooooooooooooooooooooo its not that obvious:D