PDA

View Full Version : cell phone service

Hebert
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
which carrier has the best cell phone service for the SW LA area? especially south of jennings in the marshs and cameron area....toldeo bend too...??? lots of dead spots?

SULPHITE
06-08-2009, 08:54 PM
ATT by far is better. I have verizon and it sucks on Big lake in some areas...toledo bend...can't get service at all. (by big bass).

Deadly D
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
which carrier has the best cell phone service for the SW LA area? especially south of jennings in the marshs and cameron area....toldeo bend too...??? lots of dead spots?I got centinual and it does good everywhere except on the beach in johnson bayou. works good south in the marshes chiener, klondike etc.

"W"
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I have AT&T...works fine everywhere but the food isle in Wal Mart!!!

Austin(boatman's son)
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
At&t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No questions asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salty
06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I have AT&T...works fine everywhere but the food isle in Wal Mart!!!

At your height...I'm surprised it works at all.

:beathorse:

Deadly D
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
At your height...I'm surprised it works at all.

:beathorse:
you go man:*****::*****::*****:

Blue Wave 2200
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
AT&T bought Centennial last year. I think the actual name change is supposed to happen some time this year.

I use AT&T, my wife has Centennial. Both work great all over Big Lake. Guys at the office use AT&T on Toledo and have no troubles that I know of.

bigdog
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
At&T hands down, just watch out for roaming over on to Broadpoint(Petrocom).
Broadpoint can get very expenses, like 4.00 a minute.

huntin fool
06-08-2009, 09:33 PM
sprint has worked awesome for me.

i can be out in the marsh (lacassine lake arthor lil burns) or on big lake or the river.

Hebert
06-08-2009, 10:06 PM
looks like AT&T/Centennial is the ticket....i have had Verizon for the last 6 yrs+ and had great service but looking at their service map it doesnt look too good in SW LA.

only thing is I hate AT&T lol...i had Suncom back in 2003 and AT&T bought them out.....3 months later my 2yr Suncom contract runs out and i switch to verizon....no problem right? well a few yrs later i'm in the process of buying a house and up pops AT&T on my credit report saying i owe them $250 for breach of contract!....the bastards!..instead of fighting it i just went ahead and paid it cuz i needed to close on my house......i'm still pissed about it :pissed:

killa k
06-08-2009, 11:03 PM
only thing is I hate AT&T lol...i had Suncom back in 2003 and AT&T bought them out.....3 months later my 2yr Suncom contract runs out and i switch to verizon....no problem right? well a few yrs later i'm in the process of buying a house and up pops AT&T on my credit report saying i owe them $250 for breach of contract!....the bastards!..instead of fighting it i just went ahead and paid it cuz i needed to close on my house......i'm still pissed about it :pissed:

Same thing happened to my wife and Sprint...when we found it on her credit report we called and they said that she cancelled her service THE DAY BEFORE her contract ended...my wife said she's ok having that on her credit until the day she dies, just out of principle.

Austin(boatman's son)
06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
fool look at the phone you have... Of course its gonna have good service! :P. Some phones themselves dont get good service

huntin fool
06-09-2009, 09:41 AM
my old dinosaur phone had good reception and had done been dropped in water 3 times, the mud in the marsh 2 times, and lord knows how many times been dropped on concrete.

LaAngler
06-09-2009, 10:37 AM
i use the sprint simply everything plan, i like it b/c i get voice, data, text, tv, & gps all unlimited

biglaketiger
06-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I live at Heberts Marina on big lake and my Sprint sucks, it's very spotty around there, but when i'm actually on the water it works fine, go figure...When my contract expires i'm going to AT&T, they seem to have a very good signal around the lake.

Dink
06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Centenial............I've had it 6 or 7 yrs. When I'm fishin and I can't even see land, My phone rings!!! Sucks sometimes...................Tim

Ray
07-08-2009, 05:29 AM
We had Centennial but after Rita, I couldn't get any service in Cameron/Creole area.
I am from there and my family still lives there. They have Sprint and have good luck
with their signal, so I switched to Sprint. It works well on Grand Isle also.

Light Tackle John
07-08-2009, 07:55 AM
I hate admitting it but sprint and at&t gets alot better service in SW lousiana. I can still get service with Verizon on Big Lake and up around Toledo Bend but there are times and places it just isn't going to happen.

BUT... I have the GZ ONE BOULDER!!! If you are an avid outdoorsman(or woman) and in particular a fisherman and even more important a wade fisherman there is not a better phone. Just last week I was wading south west cove and the fish where deep and so was I. No waders on and chest deep I had forgotten about my phone in my shirt pocket until I heard it ringing under water.
PRICELESS

SULPHITE
07-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Just switched from verizon to att...tired of dropped calls and no reception while on big lake or surrounding areas. The iphone was also nice:D!

Never had issues with verizon in sulphur, LC area though.

cmdrost
07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
sprint works great for me out on the lake and at the hunting lease in laccasine. It works better than At&t out at graywood area and over in venice, as when we go there, we're always using my phone.

And like LaAngler said....you can't beat the price of the all everything plan.

B-Stealth
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Do not buy Verizon.

I have both Sprint and AT&T both work well, cant tell which one works better.

Feesherman
07-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Sprint Sucks!! I just switched to AT&T and am very happy with it. Sprint did not work anywhere I deer hunted including Lacassine. Didn't work in DeQuincy, Kisatchie, or Red River and ATT worked in all those locations. Again I say, Sprint sucks balls!!!

Hebert
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM
found out i'm stuck with verizon till april 2010 :(