PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 50

Opinions_Vary
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I have a Yamaha 50 2 stroke that will not piss. I changed the water pump removed the thermostat and cleaned out some grass that had made its way up there and it still won't piss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

goldenrod
03-08-2010, 01:44 PM
is the tube stopped up?

Sea-Trac Offshore
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Get some weed eater line and shove it in the hole

Opinions_Vary
03-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Sure did, and not a dumb question at all... I will try the weedeater line, thanks...

Ray
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
If it sets up for a while or if you ran in muddy water last time she ran, it could be the pisser stopped up. It could be anywhere in the tube that runs from the motor to the end of the pisser.

LaAngler
03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
mud in the tattletail?

Ray
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
mud in the tattletail?

Tattletail, pisser. It's all the same.
If you ran her in muddy water and didn't flush it out, the water can dry and leave the mud/silt in the tube and get hard, plugging the tube.
It is good to flush a motor every time you use her, especially if you are not going to use it again for a week or so.
Sometimes pieces of grass can do the same.

LaAngler
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Dirt dobber

simplepeddler
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
it may have a thermostat blockage.
top of the head where the water line runs to there is where the thermostat is

Opinions_Vary
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Here's the big problem... It won't piss, but if I put pressure on the rabbit ears it will start pissing, then if I take the pressure off it will stop pissing again, real mystery...

longsidelandry
03-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Do they fit tight on the foot?

Opinions_Vary
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I was using some old round one's that I had and purchased some newer rectangle "more expensive" ones because I thought the same thing.

I think I am going to try the old fashioned running it in a barrel of water next.

Gerald
03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I have a Yamaha 50 2 stroke that will not piss. I changed the water pump removed the thermostat and cleaned out some grass that had made its way up there and it still won't piss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When replacing in water pump......it is recommended that you don't just install a new impeller. You should buy the water pump kit......which includes the "metal housing" that the impeller fits into. I guess the metal housing can wear or get bent so that the water pump does not put out as much pressure.

Did you install [or have] a complete water pump kit?

Or......I think (?) it may be possible to install the water pump impeller backwards. This would cause the pump to not pump very well.

As for it only "peeing" when you whole the muffs tight.....maybe there could be some plugging in the water tubes. If so, maybe it will clean out after running some.

Opinions_Vary
03-09-2010, 08:24 AM
The kit didn't come with the metal housing, the mechanic at the dealership I went to told me that it wasn't included in the kit. They also didn't carry it, I will however order it if I have to. Thanks for all the help fellas.

Jo-boater
03-09-2010, 09:35 AM
I had a mercury that I had repaired do the same thing. It had a rubber impeller. I did not have the rubber blades facing the direction that it was supposed to be spinning in. Just had to turn the blades the other direction and it started peeing.

2ndamendment
03-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Go put the boat in the river/lake and run it. Skip the barrel in the driveway setup. If the tattle tale works then the impeller is doing its job. The main thing is that you have flow through the thermostat/block and out the main water discharge ports.

Feesherman
03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
It just may not start pissing until the motor warms up and opens the thermostat. Go run er in da river.