PDA

View Full Version : Bomber

Salty
03-12-2010, 10:43 PM
New hat......sweet! :)

Jordan
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Salty..... Ya gonna send me one of dem ?

Fishmaster
03-12-2010, 10:57 PM

Two please :grinpimp:

Jordan
03-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Like its gonna happen. He has his favorite's........ I'm way on the list...... I think W is higher on the list than I am and I'm 3 foot taller than he (W) is

speck-chaser
03-12-2010, 11:03 PM
that is a good lookin hat!!

Fishmaster
03-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I think W is holding back on some details about there last fishing trip.... :cry:

Salty
03-12-2010, 11:06 PM

I ain't got none...they just came out.

Salty
03-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Like its gonna happen. He has his favorite's........ I'm way on the list...... I think W is higher on the list than I am and I'm 3 foot taller than he (W) is

Pends on which "list" you're lookin' at. :smokin:

speck-chaser
03-12-2010, 11:08 PM
hey salty, you figure out that texas rig on that salty craw?

Salty
03-12-2010, 11:10 PM
hey salty, you figure out that texas rig on that salty craw?

I bought a couple bags of craws and a handful of jigs at WalMart this morning. Ain't tried to rig 'em yet. Thanks for the tips, tho.

Ever heard of War Eagle lures?

speck-chaser
03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
should do well in that bar pit with them. Oh, you can also add a couple of beads on either side of the weight to,gives it a little clatter.

Salty
03-12-2010, 11:15 PM
These are some good spinnerbaits.

http://www.wareaglelures.com/

Fishmaster
03-12-2010, 11:16 PM
should do well in that bar pit with them. Oh, you can also add a couple of beads on either side of the weight to,gives it a little clatter.
Didn't you say you where using brushogs too?

speck-chaser
03-12-2010, 11:18 PM
These are some good spinnerbaits.

http://www.wareaglelures.com/

they better be for 6.29. lol

Salty
03-12-2010, 11:20 PM
they better be for 6.29. lol

My buddy found the 1/4 oz. online for $4.79. That's what he used this week. I bought some of their jigs this morning but didn't see any spinners. I think all their blades are willow leaf but them bass love 'em.

speck-chaser
03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
I did see a few colorado blades under the wake baits. Use these more in the dirty water-specially the copper,shows up better than other colors in dirty. The colorado make a heck of a vibration. its like tying on a helicopter and throwing it out.lol

Salty
03-12-2010, 11:29 PM
I did see a few colorado blades under the wake baits. Use these more in the dirty water-specially the copper,shows up better than other colors in dirty. The colorado make a heck of a vibration. its like tying on a helicopter and throwing it out.lol

Earlier in the week, I caught lots of fish on Bombers. But, with the water level rising with the river, I'll have to use something else cause the fish will be in that dang grass.

speck-chaser
03-12-2010, 11:34 PM
you will like that texas rig then. I love weedless things, u can throw just about anywhere, grass,brush, trees, other peoples boats. hah.

Salty
03-12-2010, 11:53 PM
you will like that texas rig then. I love weedless things, u can throw just about anywhere, grass,brush, trees, other peoples boats. hah.

Do the fish hammer it or just subtle strikes? I'm used to almost having the rod yanked out my hand. :) Do you set the hook immediately or do that rod tip drop carp before setting? :eek:

Be careful....I'm an OU fan.

speck-chaser
03-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Do the fish hammer it or just subtle strikes? I'm used to almost having the rod yanked out my hand. :) Do you set the hook immediately or do that rod tip drop carp before setting? :eek:

Be careful....I'm an OU fan.

It all depends. sometimes they will hammer it and sometimes they will just thump it and then take off with it. I usually wait a second or two before setting the hook. You can usually see your line swimming right after the thump. They almost always start swimming towards deeper water. Thats when you cross their eyes with a hookset. sometimes you might have to set the hook right away-specially if they are on the nest,cause they might just pick it up and drop it oustside the nest. Dont forget, you have to set the hook a little harder,cause your going through the plastic and then into the jaw.

Salty
03-13-2010, 12:15 AM
It all depends. sometimes they will hammer it and sometimes they will just thump it and then take off with it. I usually wait a second or two before setting the hook. You can usually see your line swimming right after the thump. They almost always start swimming towards deeper water. Thats when you cross their eyes with a hookset. sometimes you might have to set the hook right away-specially if they are on the nest,cause they might just pick it up and drop it oustside the nest. Dont forget, you have to set the hook a little harder,cause your going through the plastic and then into the jaw.

Braid or mono...leader or no?

speck-chaser
03-13-2010, 09:26 AM
I usually use mono,no leader. ,but the braid and leader might be good too. I know that braid dont stretch,so you might not hafta set the hook quite as hard to get that hook through the plastic.

Salty
03-13-2010, 09:30 AM
I usually use mono,no leader. ,but the braid and leader might be good too. I know that braid dont stretch,so you might not hafta set the hook quite as hard to get that hook through the plastic.

I found some bullet weights last night that aren't lead. They're made with some kinda synthetic stuff that is loaded with fish attractant. :eek:

Look what i been missin' out on. :p:cry: